Friday 24 April 2015

Summer Essentials: Things To Do


One   Two   Three   Four   Five   Six


Again, this will act as more of a personal favourites. I have linked the places that I like to go specifically but these are all activities that are available in a wide variety of places. These are places I like to visit every year or places like them because they never fail to make me happy both by the people I go with, the memories those places have or the sheer beauty of the place. Your own memories and places may be different to mine but I hope that my favourites inspire you this summer.  


1. Zoos and Farms

My two favourites are Dartmoor Zoo in Devon and Howletts Zoo in Canterbury, I have linked Dartoor because it is a huge tourist attraction and would be most enjoyable for the majority of people. Howletts honestly is a mediocre zoo but it does have the cutest Capybaras which are one of my favourite animals and it is also the place that my boyfriend took me on our first date so for this reason it will always be a favourite of mine. Dartmoor is a magical zoo which gives you the opportunity to touch the animals and walk among them. This is like heaven for me as I think I like animals more than humans! 

2 Long Car Journeys

I live in a small village surrounded my countryside and fields of gorgeous animals so a drive around the area is amazing but my favourite is a long drive through the countryside in the direction of the sea. Not knowing quite where we are going but just enjoying the breeze and singing along to our favourite summer songs. My and the boyfriend used to do this a lot when we had more time but we will definitely attempt to fit some in this year. 

3. Picnics in Country Parks

My and my boyfriend love to go to the supermarket stock up on delicious foods and take them to Jeskins Country Park which is not far from where we live. There is a huge treehouse which looks out over fields and walks, I can see the cows and people walking their dogs and I just love it. We sit up in the treehouse, stuff our faces and just laugh for hours until its so cold that we have to go home. This is my favourite park but I'm sure there is a local one to you that you can enjoy just as much!

4. Beach

Im not much of a sunbather and I don't go in the sea but I love walking along the seafront, eating fish and chips looking out to sea and looking in seaside shops. I haven't visited many beaches abroad in my adult years but my favourite beaches of recent years are Ilfracombe in Devon and Broadstaires in Thanet. Broadstaires is only an hours drive from my home and it had lovely little shops and old fashioned restaurants, arcades and it is just a lovely place to visit on a sunny day. I have been doing this since I was a kid. Ilfracombe is a new favourite of mine, the past two years I have gone to Devon on holiday and I have fallen in love with it. It is not your typical beach, it has rocks to climb, tunnels and is the most beautiful place to photographs. Sitting on a rooftop pub garden looking out to sea is my ultimate happy place. 

5. Arcades

I honestly don't know what it is about the summer but I become a crazed arcade addict. I just get such a thrill from winning crappy soft toys and wasting money in 2p machines! Such a child but me and my boyfriend have always loved it and it is something we do together fairly often. Especially in the summer. 

6. Swimming

I am not a strong swimmer and I don't have a pool so when we go on holiday the boyfriend and me always get up extra early so we can go to the pool before anyone else. We love having the whole pool to ourselves, while he swims lengths, I float with my eyes closed and soak up the sun. It is the only thing that will get me out of bed early.


So these are my favourite summer things to do! I feel like this was quite a personal post which is something id love to do more of in the future. Let me know if you would like this and also what your essential things to do in the summer are! This also completes my summer essentials series! I hope you liked it and I will definitely do more series in the future.







No comments:

Post a Comment