Thursday 22 October 2015

First Impressions: Essence - All About Vintage Palette



Essence is a budget brands that has been around for a while but it has been unavailable to me where I live until quite recently, it is now available in Wilkinsons stores. Wilkinson are a huge chain in the UK which sell all sorts for things from homeware to pet care and everything in between, I go there weekly to get food and hay for my guineapigs so for this reason, I really wanted to like Essence products.

 It would be so easy to pick up makeup things I needed while there every week, it would make my life so much simpler to be able to pick up the essentials I need instead of driving all the way to my local shopping centre. 

I was having a browses through the products today, basket of sawdust in one hand and picking the display apart with the other. I came across this little palette. 

It drew me in because due to the top line of shades which are mostly green based. I've said before, that I am on the hunt for the perfect dark green eyeshade so I had to buy this. I was also impressed with the packaging, it only cost £4.00 but it looks classy and sturdy which I really liked. It is a cute little palette that will look lovely on my vanity but will also travel well as the palette is so small and strong. 



Left:       One       Two       Three       Four       Five       Six       Seven       Eight       :Right


I have swatched the shades on my finger tips to talk through with you. Stupidly, I swatched them all backwards so the way the line reads in the palette is opposite on my fingers but I'm hoping you can figure them out. I'll explain them left to right based on my fingers. 

Shades One to Four show the top row of shadows, they are mostly green bases with the intention of them being used together. Shades Five to Eight show the bottom row which are brown/nude based.


One

This is a deep dark green with fine glitters, the glitters don't show up well on the skin which is actually a good thing for me. The colour is bold and dark but still beautifully green, I think I will get a huge amount of wear out of this one

Two

In the pan I wasn't sure I would love this one, it looks very light and I thought it would be hard to use but in actuality it is a lot darker than it looks, it has a gorgeous olive base and I think I will be able to use this as an all over lid shade.

Three

First of the pale shades! This is a shimmery smooth light olive shade, I like it. I would work really well for blending or as an inner corner colour.

Four

This shade is a champagne taupe, it is a unique colour but I'm thinking it will be a little too white based for me. I will give it a go though.

Five

First colour in the second row. This one is a deep shimmery chocolate brown, it is so lovely and I'm really exited to use it. I think it might be a little hard to use because of how dark it is but I am willing to try!

Six

A lighter version of the previous colour, it completely follows the previous colours tones and they will work so well together. This shade would work as a great all over lid colour which would be super easy to wear alone.

Seven

Following the theme, this is a lighter version of the previous. Would also work as an all over lid colour if blended well because it is very light. 

Eight

Last shade! This one is a really light shimmery blush pink, it would work well as an inner corner highlight.


Overall thoughts are that this palette has some great shades but there are far too many light shades that will be hard to work with. The pigmentation however, is fantastic! They are super creamy, pigmented and gorgeously shimmery. I am super impressed with the formula in general.

I will definitely be buying some more items from Essence but I might go for single shadows next time so that I can get a bigger variety. I have heard through watching MissBudgetBeauty on youtube that Essence lipliners are great, so I might investigate into those next! 

No comments:

Post a Comment