Thursday 23 April 2015

Summer Essentials: Food and Drink


This is more of a favourites I suppose but these are the food and drink items I could NOT go a whole summer without. These seven things are favourites of mine year after year and I don't see that changing any time soon!

I hate feeling hot and sticky so I love cold things in the summer, like most people do I'm sure. So many people still drink tea and coffee in the summer but personally I avoid it all summer long in favour of something icy and refreshing. Ever heard people tell you that hot drinks actually cool you down? What a load of rubbish!

1. Seaside Chips

I enjoy a good fish and chips takeaway anytime of the year but the chips always taste better when eaten on the seafront. Actual seaside chip shops also seem to taste better that my local ones, I have no idea why! I also love seagulls so throwing them the odd chip really makes me happy. Such a classic english summertime food.

2. Water

I don't drink enough water, I find just bottled water or tap water really boring but I do enjoy it when the whole glass is filled to the top with ice. When it is hot and my throat is dry, ice cold water is the most refreshing thing in the world. I know it is healthy and important to drink lots of water but often I find myself reaching for a sugary option, sometimes I go a whole day without drinking anything. This year I am determined to drink loads of water!

3. Ribena Ice Lolly

When the decision is between ice lolly and ice cream I always choose ice lolly. It is healthier and it is so much more refreshing! Ribena is the lolly of choice, I am addicted to Ribena so in lolly form it is literally heaven. I could eat 20 in a row no problem.

4. BBQ's

The best thing about summer is family bbq's, getting to see everyone and all the kids having fun. Getting a paddling pool out, the smell of burger cooking and drinking cocktails. My favourite bbq food is a big juicy burger with cheese, all food tastes better when cooked on a bbq. I also love to take a disposable bbq to the beach and cook on the seafront, the food never tastes as good but its so much fun! 

5. Lipton Ice Tea

In the summer I try to avoid fizzy drinks because they just aren't as refreshing in my opinion, so instead I usually chose a Lipton Ice Tea in Peach. It is so unbelievably refreshing, delicious and won't go flat like a coke would when your carrying it around all day. I also really like the lemon flavour but peach is definitely the best!

6. McFlurry

Unfortunately for any diet I have ever done, I loooooveee McDonalds. Especially McFlurrys. My favourite flavour ever is the Chocolate Brownie but it is special edition sadly, although there has never been a McFlurry I didn't enjoy. To be extra naughty, I always get extra sauce and toppings. My boyfriend and me like to go on late night drives when the sun is all pretty, sing along to our favourite music and go get a McFlurry together. 

7. Ribena

I have already mentioned the Ribena Lolly but I also cant do summer without Ribena the drink. My favourite is the strawberry one, we always get a big bottle for at home and have huge glasses of ice cold Ribena in the sun. Blame my boyfriend for getting me addicted to this, I never really drank it before I met him! 



I must seem like a total pig, not a healthy thing here! Honestly, I'm not a fan of healthy things. I am very picky with my food so don't expect any healthy recipes on this blog! Id be interested to know what things you guys like in the summer, let me know so I can try them myself!






No comments:

Post a Comment