Thursday 8 October 2015

MakeUp Review: Tanya Burr - Peachy Glow Cheek Palette


I posted a review a while ago of one of Tanya Burr's Eyeshadow palettes and although I liked it, I didn't love it. So when she released two cheek palettes I wasn't sure I needed one but as usual, I ended up buying one anyway and I'm glad I did because I am in love.

The palette adorns the same design as the eye palettes, it is cute and functional, not exactly expensive looking but what more can you ask for for £8.00. The palette is perfect to be displayed on a vanity but it is also perfect for travel as it is three products in one, relatively compact and I doubt it would break when thrown around. 


Inside the palette you are greeted with three huge pans of product. A bronzer, a blusher and a highlighter. Most palettes of this kind have a really large bronzer and super small everything else, it makes sense to have a larger bronzer because you use more of it but the small everything else is really annoying. This palette hit the nail on the head with the generous large bronze and the equally generous and almost as large blush and highlight. 

This palette really is all about the girly details, each pan of product has embossed decoration of lines, hearts and stars. It really adds to the femininity of the product and emphasises just how much effort was put into the design, which I love. 


Left:           Champagne Shimmer          Apricot Flush          Beach Bronze          :Right


Now lets talk about the products themselves, much like the eyeshadows the texture of the product is gorgeously soft and buttery. But unlike the eyeshadows, all the products are incredible. They are pigmented, shimmery and just perfect for everyday wear but also gorgeous applied a little heavier for the evening.


Champagne Shimmer (Highlighter)

I haven't tried many highlighters because of the few I have tried, I just end up feeling glittery. I didn't think highlighter suited me so I just didn't use any, I didn't think I was missing anything despite the constant addiction everyone else in the beauty world has. Until I used this one. It just looked perfect on my skin, it is the right shade, it glides on so smoothly and the pigmentation is just ridiculous. 


Apricot Flush (Blusher)

This blusher is beautiful, it can be applied lightly for a subtle everyday colour or a little heavier for a more intense apricot glow. It has some shimmer in it which add lovely dimension to your face without making you look too shimmery. 


Beach Bronze (Bronzer)

I love this so much, it balances the perfect amount of pigment and shimmer. I use this everyday for my contour shade and then dust a little more all over my face to add a bronze glow to my whole face or if I want to look a little more chiseled I will used a matte contour to carve out my cheek bones then add a layer of this on top to add more dimension. I think it is a really universal shade that can be used in so many different ways, I haven't tried it yet but I think it would even work well as an eyeshadow. 


I am so impressed! This palette is such good quality! Every product is beautifully pigmented and creamy, shimmery products in the drug store can often have a crumbly texture and just look chalky on your face but this is nothing like that. It honestly feels high end, if the packaging was more expensive looking then it could be sold for so much more. This palette gives you affordability and fantastic quality so I literally love it. It is a new staple in my beauty routine.

Do yourself a favour and buy it. Now. 


Buy Here

2 comments: