Tuesday 7 April 2015

Music Review: Hilary Duff - Sparks 10/10


I am a huge Hilary Duff fan, have been since she was a sweet disney kid. I have loved every song, album, film, everything. I just think she is such a lovable, talented and honestly genuine person which is hard to find in an artist these days so of course I have been waiting patiently for a new album since her last album "With Love" came out yonks ago. 

"Sparks" is the third single from the yet to be released album, first being "Chasing the Sun" a cheerful summer song and second being "All About You" a sassy love song. I very much enjoyed both those songs but "Sparks" has really got me excited! It reminds me of Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite album which I also loved! The song is smooth, sexy and mostly catchy! It has an infectious whistling bridge which I can't help singing since the moment I heard it, despite the fact I cannot whistle at all. 

"Sparks" really should have been the first single, if it had been there would be so much more hype for the album than there currently is. I do hope people think again after listening to this song, I know I will love the album and I think this song has secured Duff a fighting chance that the previous singles maybe didn't give her. I have faith the album will be beautiful!

Take a listen and decide for yourself. Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment