Thursday 27 August 2015

Make-Up Review: Tanya Burr Cosmetics - Hollywood Eye Palette



I love Tanya Burr and have been watching her youtube videos for ages but when she first released her cosmetics line I was a little let down, Im not a lipgloss fan, I don't wear nail varnish very often because of my job and I hate false eye lashes. 

So, when I heard she was releasing eyeshadow palette I almost peed myself with excitement. 

My absolute favourite make-up item to buy and own is eyeshadow, especially palettes because they just feel luxurious and full of possibilities. You can create so many looks with the right palette and I just think you can never have enough. 

Of course, on the day of release I went out in the pouring rain and drove to my local Superdrug store. I scoured the aisles in search of the new range and couldn't find it! I was getting quite angry when finally I saw the range on the lowest shelf tucked away under some Zoella Beauty items, this infuriated me as I almost left empty handed! 

I expected myself to be completely crazed, throw all the items in my basket and go running to the till but actually, I was a little disappointed on first look. The colours are very basic and the saver in me got the better of me as I decided that I already owned such similar colours in other palettes so I just didn't need them all. The palettes contain greys, black, silver, gold and browns. All beautiful but nothing new. Eventually I decided on the Hollywood eye palettes as the "enchantment" shade looked gorgeous and glamorous and I felt that I didn't have another shadow like it.


The Packaging

Ok, I like the packaging. I don't think it has that luxurious feel that I like in an eyeshadow palette but considering the amazingly cheap £6.00 price tag, I think that the packaging is cute, classy and functional. I can imagine this looking lovely on a teenage girls dressing table. I however, as a 23 year old, will probably keep in the a draw. Simply because it doesn't match the other items I have on my dressing table. 


The Eyeshadows 


The palette included four colours that all match and can be used together to create an array of different looks. The back of the palette does explain the recommended way to use the four colours but there are multiple ways this can be used. You can go bold, you go everyday and you can go somewhere in between.


Nude Delight - A buttery yellow based nude

Gold Coin - A caramel gold with slight shimmer

Enchantment - A chunky glitter bronze gold

Bookworm - Light cocoa brown


In the pan, Enchantment and Gold Coin look really pretty and glamorous, they have glitter and shimmer and I thought that these would be the stand outs in the palette. Nude Delight and Bookworm look very basic but none the less, pretty. 


The Texture/Colour Pay Off


Enchantment      Bookworm      Gold Coin      Nude Delight


Wow! The colour pay off is incredible! They are all super pigmented and much more intense than the price tag would suggest. The texture (mostly) is extremely buttery smooth and lovely to apply but one downfall is that they MUST be applied with your finger. 

None of these shadows can be applied with a brush, despite there buttery texture, they still crumb off the brush and don't plant on the skin at all. The first time I used this palette I used a Eco Tools brush and I was incredibly disappointed. There was little to no pay off and I was really disheartened. After some experimentation however, I found that if you use your fingers to apply then these are dreamy. So pigmented and the texture is super lovely.

This fact does bother me a little as I feel like I can't get right into the socket with my fingers and it also makes blending difficult. However, Enchantment which is the colour I was most excited for is a completely different texture to all the other shades. It contains a lot of chunky glitter which has made the shadow really dry and brittle, mine has already crumbled in the pan and I didn't drop it, it just crumbled when I rubbed my finger in it.


The Wear Time

I wore Nude Delight and Gold Coin to work last night, I am a waitress and I worked a 6 hour shift with sweat dripping down my face. I did use Urban Decay Primer Potion as a base but when I got home, the shadows looked as good as when I applied them. So Im very pleased!


My Favourites

Bookworm and Nude Delight are actually much to my surprise, my favourites. They are so wearable and creamy, perfect for everyday wear. I think on lazy makeup days, I will definitely use these shades as quick colours just to wipe over the whole lid. 


Overall 

I think this is a nice little palette. The price is great for young people and the colours are great for young people. I don't think it will become one of my favourite palettes as I feel that there are a lot of better options available but for £6.00, Im glad that I now own it. 

I believe in Tanya and her range so I am very excited to see what comes next!

No comments:

Post a Comment