Thursday 16 April 2015

Beauty Review: Collection - Cream Puff Lip Cream


Collection is a brand known for small price tags, they are a huge hit with the younger more inexperienced make-up wearers. When I was first getting into make-up it was definitely a brand that I used a lot, I remember those products not having the best staying power and sometimes not having the nicest packaging but I haven't used any of their products in years. With the blogging world really loving them at the moment, I thought I would give them another go!

I am loving liquid matte lipsticks at the moment, I find them great for lazy girls like me who just don't want to top up their product after every sip of drink so when I saw these Cream Puff Lip Creams and their tiny £2.99 price tag, I just had to buy two!


They are available in four shades, two pink shades and two nude shades. I think firstly these colours are not for everyone, they will not suit all skin tones (especially the nudes) and they really could do with there being a red colour because everyone loves a red! I purchased Cotton Candy and Powder Puff. 

They apply wonderfully, they slide onto the lips in a creamy smooth consistency and one dip in the tube will do your whole mouth. They smell delicious, like cake. Whats not to love about cake! Both shades are truly a dream to apply! 



Powder Puff

This is the lightest shade in the collection, it is a very yellow based nude. It doesn't suit me in all honestly, I definitely think it would suit a dark skin tone more because it seems to just wash out my colouring. It is very sheer compared to Cotton Candy which isn't a bad thing. It glides onto the lips and looks very natural but you do have to be careful not to layer the colour, this just causes caking and a visible lipstick ring of death on the inner lip. I did find however that this is a great product to use on top of other lip colours as it gives a dusky glaze to all colours which I have been doing a lot recently which I am loving! This fact is really making me love this product!



Cotton Candy

Cotton Candy is a beautiful dusky barbie pink shade and I love it! It smells insanely good and it keeps this smell through out the day, the feel of the product on the lips is so soft and a real treat to wear. It feels like a lip balm in a way. The colour really suits me and I think that this is a colour that the majority of skin tones can pull off, it is a bright colour but also somehow very wearable for day to day. 


Overall

These Lip Creams have good staying power, they don't last as long as the more expensive comparisons but the product does wear off easily so can be reapplied in no time at all. The shade range needs a few additions but all in all, these are great products. Creamy, deliciously scented and long wearing, an absolute bargain! If you are on a budget like me, I urge you to buy these! You will not regret it!

They can be purchased from drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug. 

Click Here to Purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment