Wednesday 22 April 2015

Summer Essentials: Clothing and Accessories


One   Two   Three   Four   Five   Six   

When the weather is hot you just want to be outside not at home deciding what to wear, ironing clothes and worrying about washing clothes. Disgusting as it sounds but I like simple clothing that doesn't need to be washed often such as denim and items that can be worn everyday while still looking cute. I live in these items all through the summer months and I feel like you wouldn't need much else, just mix and match the items and get cami tops in different colours and patterns!

The images are options but these items really can be found anywhere, it is more about the style than the store with these items so it really is great for everyone.

1. Maxi Dress

Maxi dresses are sold everywhere in all different colours and styles, for all different price ranges. I honestly think there is a maxi dress to suit every body shape, it can however be a challenge for short girls such as myself to find the right length. Try midi dresses instead as often they are maxi on me! You can wear this with a denim jacket or over a bikini, it can be worn in the day time or dressed up for the evening. The best part is that if you forget to shave your legs you can still look summery! Maxi dresses are also unbelievably comfortable and breezy which is just the dream for summertime. 

2. JuJu Jellies

You can buy jellies anywhere but I do suggest you get the original Juju Jellies because the cheaper alternatives will give you blisters but these surprisingly are the most comfortable shoes you will ever wear. Literally ever, they are like clouds for your feet. I wear these all summer long with every outfit, as a person who is rather weary of the sea and the creatures that live in it, you can also wear these shoes in the sea to protect your feet. They are so well made, I wore them all last year and they are still in perfect condition to wear all this year too. They come in an array of colours but I think black is great for versatility.

3. Cami Tops

These are also sold everywhere but Matalan and Primark sell them in every colour and they are a complete bargain. Camis in this particular cut flatter a larger body shape as well as a small one, I find them great to cover my pot belly but show off my boobs. They can be worn with the shorts and the jellies for a cute simple daytime outfit or dressed up with some bold jewellery for the evening. 

4. Denim Shorts

Denim shorts are the pinnacle of summer, you just need to have them. You can buy them from a store such as the ones above from Topshop but I find it best to use an old pair of jeans and cut them yourself. Maybe you have a plain of jeans that are tatty and worn that you don't wear anymore, these are the ones to use. If you don't have an old pair, head to the charity shops and explore the rails for the perfect pair to diy. This method is both cheap but also the best one to have something one of a kind. The more worn the better.

5. Denim Jacket

You can track these down on the hughstreet but charity shops are riddled with them at bargain prices just waiting to be your new summer staple. I have an old beaten up one that I got from a charity shop and I love it. I paid about £5 and its Levi so it is fantastic quality. Again, the more worn the better. 


6. Sunglasses

I like to buy a new pair every year so I don't see the point on buying expensive shades that I will soon get bored of. I find the best places to cheap and fashionable frames are Forever 21 and Primark. I got these ones from Forever 21 and they look far more expensive than their tiny price tag, the look great and really finish off a summer outfit. You need sunnies especially is you drive because the sun will block your vision and make driving difficult, of course also to protect your eyes from the sun. 



These are my clothing and accessories essentials for summer, these work for me but by all means let me know if you know an essential that I am missing! What do you wear when the sun is out? 

No comments:

Post a Comment