Tuesday 29 September 2015

Make-Up Review - Collection Uncovered Eyes : Nude Grey Palette



I know these palettes are old news but I never rated Collection as a brand so I never bought one. They also retailed for just over £5 which I thought was actually pretty steep considering I thought the shadows would be chalky with no pigment. But, they were recently reduced to £2.44 in my local Superdrug so I thought why not. 

I went for the Nude Grey palette because it was the most unique palette of them all, all the others were very basic and I'm sure that I already have dupes for every colour but the greys seemed a little different and beautifully wearable. 

The packaging is made from cardboard with a flimsy plastic insert with embossed text and a magnetic closing. It looks and feels cheap but not tacky which is as much as you can hope for when paying so little, it does feel like it would protect the shadows quite well though should you travel with it. 



L: Parchment   Rubble   Under the Moon   Drift Wood   In a Nutshell   Eclipse :R


The palette contains 6 shades ranging from a light nude to a deep black. I wish palettes would stop including the black shades, every bloody palette has one which means that I now own hundreds. It like a palette ideal that every company aspire to include and it really needs to stop, I kind of feel the same about the light nude swell. How many of the same shade does one girl need?!

The palette boast long rectangle pans with a generous amount of product, they are the perfect size to swipe you finger or a standard eyeshadow brush. It does include an eyeshadow brush but I don't know why they bothered because like any included brush, its rubbish. I can see how it would be helpful to makeup beginners who don't own brushes but honestly, your finger is always your best tool in that case. 


These are the first three shades from left to right, I will talk you through the shades one by one.

Parchment

This is a light yellow toned nude. It is soft and buttery in texture, easy to blend and the wear time is pretty good but its boring. I have so many other shadows much the same which I prefer to this one. It is helpful to have a light colour to blend with though.

Rubble

Im not sure why this shade is in this palette because it contains no hints of grey at all. It is a very warm toned dusky bronze with shimmer, it works really well as an all over lid colour and works well with Parchment to blend. 

Under the Moon

I really love this colour, I have been wearing it a lot as an all over the lid everyday shadow. I like a bold eye and this is light enough to be worn everyday but bold enough to still feel like me. It is a silvery shimmery grey with some warm tones. 


Drift Wood

Drift Wood is a shimmery dark grey with dusky metallic elements. I like this shadow a lot, it is a wearable shade and it works really well as a smokey eye with other colours from the palette.

In a Nut Shell

This is a complex colour, on the lid it looks like a bronze, chocolate brown shimmer but in the pan it has a purple tone. It is a gorgeous shadow that has intense pigmentation but I don't understand why it is present in a grey palette.

Eclipse

This is a matte black shade. It is fully blackest black with no other elements, it is great that the pigmentation is so good but I havent used it and I doubt I will. Black is a harsh colour and can be extremely hard to wear. 

All the colours are extremely buttery and pigmented. They are wearable, blendable and genuinely really nice. I am shocked at how cheap they are, how fantastic the quality is and how ridiculously long it took me to buy it! They are not the best palettes on the market but they are perfect for beginners or for people like me who like to try out new things, they won't break the bank and they certainly won't disappoint. 

Go get one and let me know your thoughts!

Buy Here

No comments:

Post a Comment