Tuesday 8 September 2015

NYC Haul / Review


NYC is a well known makeup brand with tiny price tags. I make it my mission to try every budget brand I can get my hands on but for some reason, I haven't really tried many NYC products. But recently, while browsing through Superdrug, my hands went crazy and threw multiple products into my basket. It wasn't my fault, my hands have minds of their own. 

I bought a good variety of things, lips, eyes and face. I think this will be a great way to get a feel for the brand and know what I like and don't like for future purchases. Which I can already tell, there will be a lot of. 


NYC Big Bold Volume By The Lash Mascara

I have a love / hate relationship with this one. It is super lengthening and thickening, it looks really nice and has good staying power. It is an impressive mascara but my god is hard to apply, it is a very wet formula that often ends up smudged on my eyelids. The texture is almost watery, you need to be extremely careful when applying but it does look good. For this reason, I will definitely use up the tube but I'm not certain I would buy it again. But I would try another mascara from the brand to see if the others are any better. And hopefully thicker.


NYC Smooch Proof Liquid Lip Stain

I bought two of these, one dark shade and one light. They don't seem to have colour names which is the worst but the dark is a berry toned fuchsia and the light is a pink toned peach. I am a hoarder of lip stains because I am super lazy, I don't like to have to reapply lip products and I don't like colour transfer. So I jumped at the chance to try some bargain lip stains. 

The fuchsia is not good. It looks streaky and wears off on the inner lip after no time at all, I have only used it once and I don't think I will use it again unfortunately. The peach is a whole other story however, it looks very sheer on the lips which is the complete opposite to the fuchsia but the staying power is amazing. It is the perfect everyday shade that will look good with almost anything. 


NYC HD Color Quattro Eyeshadow

Let me start by saying that this little quad is only £2.50 and it is the quality of something a lot more expensive. I bought this because I wanted a dark khaki green shadow, the green is a shimmer though which is beautiful but I'm still searching for the perfect matte khaki shade. Despite this fact, I am still extremely happy with this purchase. The gold is a great all over lid shade, the champagne shimmer is a lovely inner corner highlight, the green requires a lot of building but is beautiful and I am yet to try the dark green brown.


NYC Smooth Skin Perfecting Primer

Call me crazy but I've never actually used a primer, as I've said before, I don't really look after my skin. The idea of having my makeup last longer did intrigue me so I decided to give a bargain version a go. Ill be honest, this stuff has a lovely texture and is moistorising but it smells pretty horrible and I'm not sure it works. I do for some reason like it though so I will definitely keep using it and ill let you know if I does start to work!



Overall, I am happy with this little haul! I've found a gem in the peachy lip stain and I am impressed enough that I will most certainly be buying more from the brand. I have worn the lip stain everyday for the past week!


Thanks For Reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment