Tuesday 1 September 2015

August Favourites

August has felt like the longest month, I've been endlessly bored while being endlessly stressed and annoyed. I am so happy to say goodbye to this month, saying this though, I have managed to find some amazing favourites! 

Since it has been such a crappy month, I have mostly (actually all) comfort favourites and by that I mean favourites for lazy people who need cheering up. 



Movie: Kingsman - The Secret Service


Kingman was released on DVD this month and I just had to buy it since I loved it so much when I saw it in the cinema when it was first released. I never thought I would like this film because it looked quite boyish and I'm not a fan of secret agent/spy type films but it is from the makers of Kick Ass (which I love) so I watched it and was so pleasantly surprised! I will be re-watching this for a while! Great addition to my film collection.


TV Show: Gossip Girl


I seem to have watched everything on the whole of Netflix so I started watching Gossip Girl...again. I  was addicted to Gossip Girl when it was first aired but I missed the last few seasons so I thought why not just watch it all again. Im loving it even more the second time and I think I missed more than I released so I am so glad I decided to re-watch it. I have a major girl crush on Jenny Humphrey (Taylor Momsen)


Food: Cadburys Marvellous Creations Ice Cream


Too many times this month, my boyfriend and I have found ourselves sharing a huge tub of ice cream. These bad boys have been half price in our local shop so I obviously had to try every flavour, the popping candy flavour is literally incredible. These ice creams are so full of sweets, chocolate and marshmallows with toppings in every bite. I would go as far as to say that they are better than Ben and Jerrys.


Book: All The Bright Places


This is quite possibly the most incredibly beautiful book I have ever read and I loved every second of it. I posted a review of this just a few posts ago so have a look back on that for more information!


Youtuber/Blogger: Jim Chapman


I have seen Jim in so many other youtubers videos, mainly in his fiancé Tanya Burrs videos. But recently I have been watching Jims own vlogs and they are so cute! His new puppy Martha, is the main attraction in his recent videos and she is just the most adorable little thing. Jim is super funny and relatable, if you don't already watch him, you should. Like now.


Music: Melanie Martinez - Cry Baby


My main august addiction has been this album. It is the best thing I have heard in such a long time. I have posted countless posts on Melanie recently including an album review of this album so please, please, please look back over them so that you can also fall madly in love with her just like I have.


Random Favourite! Pym!


Last month our beloved hamster Bane passed away, he died of old age and he lived life pampered and loved. He did however, leave a hamster shaped hole in our hearts so welcome, Pym! This photo is not of Pym because he will not stay still long enough to take one but this little guy looks very similar. He is a Roborovski Hamster, he is unbelievably tiny, fast and playful. He loves to dig, throw his food everywhere and run in his wheel until he flips out of it. He is a little monster which we love because he reminds us so much of Bane with his cheeky nature, he will never be able to replace Bane but he is such a little cutie and already feels like part of the family! 



And thats everything for the month of August! It has been a hard month and I'm not sure September will be much better but he's hoping! I hope you all have had a great month, see you in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment