Thursday 10 September 2015

Smokey Gold Eyes Tutorial




Some would say this is an evening look but for me, it's a Monday. 

I think you can rock a smokey eye anytime, my go to is usually a burnt orange or a brown but the other day I realised I had never used the shade "Brokedown" from my Urban Decay Vice 3 palette. It is a complex mix of gold and bronze with a slight green undertone, the pigment is incredibly intense and the metallic shimmer is amazing. I can't believe I have waited so long to use it!

The colour also complements my hazel eyes perfectly which is a bonus! This look would also look lovely with green eyes. 


Step By Step


1. First, do your eyebrows because they will provide a frame for your eyes and help you get the right smoky eyeshadow shape later. I used the Urban Decay Brow Box in Brown Sugar, a strong brow works best for this look so use an angled shadow brush to fill in your brows. You want your brows to be full but you also want them to look natural so make sure you use a lighter hand on the inner points. 

2. . Start the eyes by priming the eye lids all the way up to the brow bone, I used Urban Decay Primer Potion but any primer should do the trick.

3. Next, I used Nude Delight from Tanya Burr Cosmetics all over the lid. Nude Delight is a buttery nude shade, you can use any light skin tone nude shadow you have to hand. This provides a base to blend into. You can use for fingers or a brush for this.

4. Then the fun part! Start packing on "Brokedown" using the eyeshadow brush to pat the colour up to the crease of your eye. Add a little more colour to your brush and lightly blend the colour into the crease until it is smoked out and it blends over the crease. The shape of the shadow is dependent on your own eye shape so do what feel right for your face.




5. Dip back into your nude shadow with your cleaned makeup brush and continue to blend the "Brokedown" shade upwards. You should now have a gorgeous golden smokey eye.

6. If you need to clean up shadow fallout, do that now using a clean fluffy brush. To complete the look you'll need a little inner eye brightening, I used Urban Decay "Bobby Dazzle" and used my finger to press the shimmer into my inner duct. 




7. No smokey eye is complete without long, fluttering black lashes. Use a black mascara of your choice and add multiple thin layers until your lashes are looking fabulous. 


"Brokedown" has become my new favourite shadow! If you would like to see more looks using this shade, comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment