Saturday 5 September 2015

Urban Decay Holiday 2015




Christmas time is of course prime time for amazing new releases and as usual it's Urban Decay that has me excited!

I have had a severe palette addiction for quite sometime and in the past few years, Urban Decay has been my drug of choice. Last christmas my lovely boyfriend got me the Vice 3 palette and almost a year later, I am still unbelievably in love with it! I could use the palette every single day, never run out of possibilities and never get bored. This christmas I will definitely be buying myself at least one thing from the holiday collection or asking for it as a gift. 

Urban Decay have truly spoiled us this year with not one but two new releases! Vice 4 was the obvious one, our fourth year in a row with a Vice release. Vice 4 includes 20 never before seen shadows which are inspired by the colours in an oil slick. I am really attracted to the orange shades and the khaki green shade, the whole palette looks amazing but I might get it just for those gorgeous shades!

Spectrum is the other release, as far as I can tell, these are mostly not new shades, they are taken from the previous Vice palettes and various other palettes. I do not have any of the palettes these shades are taken from so to me they are all new! Even so, I am not all that excited about it. I think the packaging is incredible and elegant, so understated and this alone makes me what it but I feel that there is nothing special about it. The shades don't feel unique, I don't think they are very wearable but none the less, it is a tempting release. 



Then another temptation on the market is the Naked Smoky..


This little beauty has been available for a while now but I still haven't bought it. Not because I don't love it but because I'm not convinced that I need it. As I've said before, i'm a saver not a spender. I love a dark smokey eye but how often do I wear it? Not very. Some of the lighter colours could be worn daily but they aren't as exciting as the dark colours. The greys are lovely though, its a hard one! I might have to get it anyway and just rock the panda eyes at completely inappropriate times just to justify the purchase.




I'm leaning toward the Vice 4, I think it will have to go on my christmas list this year! What palette catches your eye? Id love to hear your thoughts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment