Saturday 19 September 2015

Make-Up Review: MUA Single Eyeshadows





I really do like MUA as a brand, I have always found that the products are fantastic quality for the price and the palettes I have tried before have been reasonably good. I find single eyeshadows bulky, hard to store and I find that they get ignored and never used but when I noticed these pearl effect single shadows on sale, I thought for £1 each, I just had to try a few. 

I picked up 4 of the pearl effect shadows... (Top finger to bottom)

. Bronze
. Copper
. Golden
. Champagne

And 1 matte shade... (Below photo)

. Slate 

Let's start with the pearl shadows which are by far the stand outs. As you can see by the swatches above, these shadows have crazy amazing pigmentation. They really are gorgeous. Copper is the stand out for me, not because it is better quality than the others but because the shade is really unique and on trend; I can see myself getting a huge amount of use out of this one. Bronze and Golden are incredible colours that I am sure to get a lot of wear out of and Champagne is a beautiful highlight shade that works amazingly for the inner corner and can even be a multi purpose product to be used as a cheek bone highlight. 

The texture of the shadows is actually quite unique also, they are very soft and buttery, the kind of texture that lends really well to being applied with your fingers. They can be applied with a brush but to get the full intense colour, a finger works best. You can also add a little water to your brush to intensify the colour even further. They are great for a multitude of looks, brushes for lighter delicate colour and finger or water for a more intense look.




The packaging is simple and sophisticated, it doesn't look necessarily cheap but it doesn't look high end either. They can be hard to store due to the bubbled unstackable shape but the clear front is great for distinguishing the shadows from one another and the packaging is sturdy and protective.

The matte shadows didn't stand out to me, they looked basic and like I didn't need them, like I already had other similar colours but this grey slate colour seemed like something I didn't already have, so I thought id give it a go. It is not good. The colour pay off is very pale and looks slightly blue toned on the skin despite this not being present in the pan, it is not a bad shade but it is nothing special at all. 


Overall, I am very impressed with the pearl effect shadows and couldn't recommend them enough. They are truly beautiful and I will definitely be buying all the other shades. The mattes however, I doubt ill buy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment