Thursday 1 October 2015

September Favourites

I like to try and have a favourite for every area but this month, not so much. I have a weird bunch of favourites ranging from lifestyle choices to music I never thought I would like, I love reading/watching monthly favourites as it help me find new things that I wouldn't have found otherwise so I hope my favourites can do the same for you! 

Music

Carly Rae Jepsen - Emotion 


I have been anticipating this album for such a long time. I listened to her first album on repeat over and over again for so long and this album is no different. If I'm being honest, her first album was better in my opinion but this album is pretty awesome too. Im loving the 80's themes and the fact that every song is such feel good loveliness, my favourite track is probably.... "Gimme Love"

My only criticism is that she slowly released the tracks as promos in the lead up to the albums release meaning that I already knew over half the album before it even came out. It did take away some of the excitement. 


Bring Me The Horizon - That's The Spirit


I have never liked Bring Me The Horizon, even during my little emo teen phase; I never liked it. So when this album came out I really paid no attention but my boyfriend who also never liked them for some reason decided to give it a listen. He loved it and forced me to give it a go.

It is such a good album! So different from the bands other releases and for me, in a good way. Im sure  die hard fans won't be as impressed with the change but I think it was completely for the best. 


TV Show

Switched at Birth


I started watching this series years ago and never finished it. I recently re subscribed to Now TV and realised all the seasons were available, I was super excited. I started from the beginning to make sure I wouldn't miss anything and I am now on season two, it is such a great show about two girls learning who they really are. It is a favourite that will continue into October for sure. 


Food/Lifestyle

For just over a week now my boyfriend and I have been vegetarians. It is partly to do with being healthier and partly because I don't agree with killing animals for food. I am a very fussy eater and I'm sure there will be times when there is nothing else available to me and I will have to eat meat and I'm trying not to feel bad about that. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, the best way to describe it is that I have a "phobia", I can't eat fruits or salads because the thought of it makes me feel physically sick and I am only able to eat a few vegetables so this makes it extremely hard to be a vegetarian.

I have been really loving halloumi burgers, I grill a huge slab of halloumi and have it in a bun with tortilla chips and chipotle mayo. It is so delicious. 


Make-Up

Kiko Milano Cosmetics


A Kiko store has just opened up at my local shopping centre and I picked up a few bits. I am in love. Ive been wearing the nail polish everyday since I bought it and it stays chip free for ages! Its incredible. I have a review of all these products up, posted a weeks or so ago so have a look back on that to see my thoughts!


MUA Single Shadows


I get so many compliments when I wear these shadows! They are so pigmented and bold, I especially love the "Copper" shade which is on my second front the left finger. I also have a review of these bad boys up a fews weeks back!



UN-Favourite of the Month


When this was out in cinemas, I wanted to see it so bad but I never got around to it. Its been out on DVD for some time and I have been waiting till it was closer to halloween to buy it (its halloween themed), I bought it the other day and I was soooooo excited to watch it. I was so let down, it was awful. The story was rubbish, the music was rubbish, it was all just rubbish. So much so that I fell asleep and missed the end! 




Recommend me your halloween favourites in the comments! I need some new loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment