Thursday 3 September 2015

Oliver Bonas Wishlist / Shelving Decoration

A few weeks ago I went to Ikea and I saw this really simple silver metal shelving unit and I feel in love with it, I felt like the possibilities were endless and that the silver would look great with the copper accessories I've been lusting after. However, at the time I just couldn't think of where I could put it so I begrudgingly left it behind.

For a while I've been thinking about how to decorate mine and my boyfriends bedroom, currently its a dumping ground full of piles of washing and general junk. We tend to just close the door and forget about it but it gets me down because I want every room to be beautiful. In the next couple of weeks we are going to commence in painting the walls in a crisp white and painting all our furniture to match, most of our furniture is already white so I am thinking that I would like it all to match and then add silver and copper accents to make it all look a little more sophisticated. 

This is the shelving unit...


Buy Here

It is a really simple unit but it is super slim which is perfect for our limited space and the silver colour in person is super metallic and lovely. I think it is the perfect basic piece of furniture that can be dressed up with decorative pieces to add a little glamour to a room. 

To decorate the shelves I am mostly looking to use items I already have but that aren't displayed to the best of their potential. Such as...

. Decorative Books
. Crystal Trinket Bowls
. Candles 
. Personal Photos
. Jewellery Tree
. Decorative Eyeshadow Palettes

I have a lot of things that just seem too pretty to be hidden away and would be great as display pieces, in order to fill the shelves I will need some new things too so I have been lusting after the decorative copper items from Oliver Bonas. Oliver Bonas is quite pricey but these 6 items are all reasonably priced and fantastically pretty and perfect to add a little bit of character to our boring bedroom.





One      Two      Three      Four      Five

How bloody amazing are these things?! I know copper is such an old trend but I just love how warm it feels and when your whole room is white, you need some warmth. 


Candle Holder, pretty self explanatory, I'm want to but a candle in it but I'll probably never light it so that I can keep it looking perfect. Duh.

A is my initial and L is my boyfriend Liam's, we both love initial stuff so these are so perfect for us. We love initial pillows, mugs, glasses, just everything. These would look awesome on the top of the unit I'm thinking?

The mirror would look great hanging on the wall in between the third shelf and the top of the unit, hanging slightly off centred with maybe the candle underneath? It is such a cute little mirror and being hung on the wall will give a bit more depth to the whole display.

The pot is actually meant for utensils but I'm thinking it would look good with some fake flowers sprayed silver inside it. Im not a fan of real flowers so this is a nice alternative. It would look awesome with a tall cactus in it but it wouldn't work when it came to watering the plant as the water would ruin the bamboo. 


Decorating our bedroom will be a long, painful and probably expensive process but I will keep you updated ever step of the way! Another element I would like to include is animals, we currently have a white and silver duvet set with little animal silhouettes which I love and want to keep so I will also be searching for some animals theme canvas for the walls. Wishlist coming soon!



Notes

Oliver Bonas can be rather expensive so as a cheap alternative, Sainsburys have some amazing copper homewares that are well worth a look!

Oliver Bonas have recently become the first high street chain to start paying employees working wage rather than the unrealistic minimum wage that other high street employers pay. As someone working for minimum wage, I think this is a fantastic and really admirable thing. You can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment