Thursday 24 September 2015

KIKO Cosmetics Haul / Review



KIKO is a beauty brand I knew nothing about until a shopping trip to Westfield Shopping Centre in London. I wandered in expecting it to be super expensive because everything looked expensive and was pleasantly surprised by how affordable it all was! I was also surprised by how gorgeous everything was, I bought a couple of nail polishes, loved them but ultimately, I forgot all about it.

Until, a store opened up at my local shopping centre, Bluewater. Memories of bargain prices and gorgeous packaging came flooding back and suddenly my feet were running through the stores doors. 

The whole brand really reminds me of MAC, the packaging is super similar, the colours, the way the store is arranged, even the products themselves. I have never been a MAC fan as I feel it is so expensive for items that are so boring, not that the products are bad but they don't excite me and the stores/counters are always a mess with teenagers swarming the testers and putting grubby little finger prints everywhere. I think the way the MAC stores are run is just unacceptable for such a big brand. 

KIKO is very different in that respect, I have only been in two stores but both have been completely spotless, well organised and the staff have been really knowledgeable. This and the bargain prices make KIKO incredible attractive. 


I bought two eyeshadows, both in light everyday shades. You can never have enough good quality everyday eyeshadows and these two are a little different to your typical nudes. One is a shimmery peach and the other a shimmery pink/grey, I really love them both. They are both super quick to apply, have great pigment and just generally great quality. 

The peach is in KIKO's single eyeshadow packaging and the grey is in the a pan with a plastic lid, KIKO have a clic system which enables you to create a custom palette (much like MAC) and these shadows are intended for those palettes but what is great about this is that they have a lid so that even if you don't have the custom palette you can still keep them as perfect little singles. I actually prefer the clic packaging, I will definitely be buying a palette to keep them in but on there own, they are so tiny and great for storage.


The lipsticks come in a variety of different beautiful packaging and in a variety of types. Matte, sheer, shimmer, cream and so many others. The colour selection is even more incredible.

I chose a cream lipstick in a your lips but better peach. It is really lovely for everyday wear and it is super low maintenance which is something I really love in a product. This packaging is super simple but sturdy and expensive feeling/looking. They also had some lipsticks in a gorgeous rose gold packing which I almost bought just for this reason. 

They also smell like sweet vanilla (like MAC) and vanilla is one of my favourite scents so this is just the best thing ever. 


I don't buy nail polishes much anymore, I have been an art student my whole life and for a long time I have also been a waitress so nail polish is just permanently chipped. But I saw this colour and I thought it would be perfect because it is the kind of shade that doesn't show chips badly. Ive had this on for days and it is chipped but you can't tell without looking closely. 

It is a complex colour, a sort of rose gold but with flecks of bronze and grey as well. I really really really super really love it. 


All in all, I am so crazy in love with KIKO as a brand and I have made it my mission to buy everything in the whole store. A little ambitious but I'm sure going to try. I am so impressed with how expensive looking and how great the quality is. The best part... I only spend £10.60

No comments:

Post a Comment