Sunday 30 July 2017

MakeUp Revolution Rainbow Highlighter


I've been dying to get my hands on a rainbow highlighter for literally ages! I feel like they are all over the internet but never in store and I'm really not a fan of online shopping so I never managed to get one until now. 

I'd seen the new released from Makeup Revolution all over youtube and mostly Instagram but often those new released take forever to get to store and then they sell out anyway. I was so pleased when I saw this little lovely on a fully stocked stand in Superdrug!

Let's start with the packaging, I'm a fan but I'm not all at the same time, you get a lovely huge pan of product making the highlight great cost wise but also easy to use and be able to pick up shades separately or swirled all together. I also like how thin the compact is, it is very sleek and easy to store.
What I don't like however is the holographic details because firstly holographic and rainbow are not related so it doesn't make sense and also you cant read the writing because the holographic details are so overpowering. 

I think in general the packaging looks cheap but it is sturdy and easy to use so it isn't entirely a fail.


The wow comes when with the product itself though! Look at these swatches! They are literally mesmerising! 

You can easy pick out each shade separately with a small brush especially meaning that you get 5 different colour highlighters or 6 if you swirl them all together to make the beautiful blue grey swatched below. 

All 5 colours make lovely highlighters, all highly pigmented, smooth and blendable. 


The easiest way to use this highlighter is to just swirl them all together, the highlight shade you are left with is a blue tones grey/silver but I do think you can see slight shimmers of the other colours if you look close enough. I personally really like using it this way as it is the most wearable way but it is still a stand out/unique shade. 

Overall, I really like this highlight! I can't imagine it become a new favourite or something ill wear every day but I can see myself reaching for it from time to time when I fancy something unique! 


Have you tried any rainbow highlighters? Should I try some others or are they all the same? 

No comments:

Post a Comment