Sunday 16 July 2017

Collection Highlight, Blush and Bronze Kit


The original Collection Highlight and Sculpt kit is incredible! I've hit pan on it like crazy so when I saw this new release in Superdrug it went straight in my basket. 

The palette costs a modest £4.99 and contains a bronze, blush and highlight. It is a very compact and sturdy little palette which would be great for travelling or to carry in your handbag.

The packaging is a step up from the original, a little smaller and a little sleeker which is nice but it does make the bronze shade a little harder to use as you can't as easily swirl a large fluffy brush it it. 


The fingertip swatches above show my having had a really good scrub into the product so we can see the full impact of each product. 

The contour is a lovely warm terracotta brown, I didn't think it would work very well for me but it actually does. I am quite tanned at the moment so it actually looks quite natural but I'm thinking that once my tan fades and my ghost skin returns, it might not work so well. 

The blush is a very light baby pink with heavy glitters. It is a bizarre choice for this palette, a matte blush would have been better.

The highlight is your typical champagne glow and it looks pretty pigmented from this swatch but it is also something we have all seen before. I definitely already own a lot of other similar highlighters.


Blended out, they are all a lot sheerer than they first appeared. 

The highlight is alright, it does the job and it is pretty but it isnt great. I can't see myself reaching for it. 

The blush is very chunky with glitter which makes it look uneven on the skin and I don't think that the colour suits me much. It washes me out.

The bronzer is nice, it also does the job but it is very sheer, taking a while to build up enough. 

I will work with the palette for a week or so and update you but so far, I'm not particularly impressed...




UPDATE: I have used this palette for a good week now. I couldn't use the blush or highlight much because they just did nothing for me, no pay off and no staying power. I did however like the bronzer,  I have countless other bronzers that I like more though so I can't imagine it reach for this much.

I think that if you are new to makeup then this could be a helpful little palette for you but for more experienced makeup lovers, maybe this one isn't for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment