Thursday 6 July 2017

Let The Pinteresting Begin...

If you have been keeping up with my little blog and my Instagram you'll know that I recently got engaged! 

We are planning on a 4 year engagement as we want the time to enjoy just being engaged and slowly gather ideas and plan without the stress of a time limit! 

An Engagement Party however is a must! We are still in the collecting ideas stage at the moment, we haven't booked a venue, nothing. I didn't realise how hard it would be to find a decent affordable venue but apparently it is! Currently waiting on about 20 place to return my emails...

We want a relaxed casual little gathering of about 50 people, so our families can all finally meet, our parents have mingled a little bit but our wider families are still to meet. 

We're thinking a lovely little pub with a function room and some outdoor space for a daytime gathering with either a buffet or a bbq.


No party is complete without a cake! I know its a cliche but I really love the sparkly letters that go on top of a cake. I love this one! Simple but adorable and straight to the point!


I'm really leaning towards the gold theme! Balloons can easily look tacky but these gold dipped ones would be the most fun DIY and they look great! I also really love the idea of filling clear balloons with gold glitter but I'm a little worried about the clean up when they inevitably get popped!


Invites are what is exciting me most! I'm really liking simple designs with mostly black and white, maybe a little pop of colour as above. This one is to the point, modern and cute which I loveeee!


The simplicity of this one is really alluring me! The curly script, the classic mono tones, adorable! I really am leaning towards this one but I feel that although I like it, my fiancé would much rather a bit of colour!


This invite is my absolute favourite and I have no problems at all sending it out to all of my family but Liam is not so keen! I suggested we just put stars in the word shit to make it a little more family friendly but he still isn't on board! 

I personally think it has just the right relaxed personal vibe that we're going for! Hopefully he can be convinced!


I will 100% be doing this! We are huge lovers of going to the cinema, going at least once a week so this is so us it is unreal! Liam could literally eat a lorry full of popcorn in one sitting! We have a popcorn maker at home so this would also be a really cost friendly option for us! The play on the word popped is just adorable as well!


There will no doubt be a whole lot more of this style post coming up so do let me know if you like them! 



All links to the original owners of these images can be found via my Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment