Thursday 3 August 2017

PINTEREST: Engagement Party Decor


Our Engagement BBQ/Party is now just a few weeks away so all decorations have been bought/made and all decorative decisions have been finalised!

I'm not going to show you the things I have because I will do a whole photo based post after the party showing absolutely everything! But these are the Pinterest posts that have inspired me!

We originally wanted a gold, white and brown theme but that has somehow changed. My fiancé, Liam, wanted the day to be more colourful and cheerful so we agreed to research some other themes and we eventually after much searching, we decided to go for a very colourful, pastel look!

We have a huge amount of white bunting to break up the colours but everything else is beautifully bright! We have pom poms in every shade and all the food will be colourful to match!


I had been eyeing up donut walls for ages, they are such a big thing at the moment and for good reason! So playful and most importantly, delicious! My dad is also a donut fiend so he will love it! 

I researched a lot but felt that it was just out of our price range, too extravagant and just not realistic but then I came across this little DIY lovely on Pinterest and decided that it could be done smaller and cheaper! So we have made one! I cannot wait to show you all!


This is the cake that I wanted. It is so lovely and colourful and just adorable but also too expensive! I have no baking skills so it just felt like a pipe dream. But, I have taken inspiration and I think we have figured out something equally as cute!


Liams one demand for this party was a Pick N Pick table, it was literally the first thing he said he wanted! And he is VERY passionate about it! We have taken inspiration with the candy striped bags, adorable jars and pastel coloured sweets but made something a little more us. I'm sure it'll be a hit!


I'll admit, I have gone a little crazy on the pom pom purchasing but how bloody lovely do they look!?! 


I am very very excited for our impending BBQ/Party but I am also really nervous! I have never thrown a party myself! If you have any party planning/throwing advice for me, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment