Thursday 20 July 2017

My First Taste of ELF...


Elf is a huge brand but for us in the UK it is brand new! Having only just released in Superdrug. I've been hearing about the brand for absolutely years via youtube so I was super excited to try it out! 

KathleenLights has mentioned the Baked Highlighters so many times on her youtube channel and raved about how much she loves them so I thought they would be a good place to start!

The packing is what you would expect for the low price point, entirely plastic with a black pan and clear lid. The packaging does the job but I don't feel like it's anything special, it is nice to be able to see the product easily through the clear lid though.

I do feel that the pan itself is rather small. It is more of an eyeshadow size than a highlighter. 


One first swatch, I got literally no pay off at all. None. 

I wasn't too fazed though as I was aware through many youtubers/bloggers that you might need to scrape off a layer of product in order to unleash the highlights full potential. I do think it is pretty crappy that you should need to do this but it does work so I used a pair of tweezers to scrape away a layer and in doing so covered everything I own in highlighter. 

Thumbs down there.

The swatch above shows after the layer has been scraped away, as you can see it is quite pigmented and the shade is quite lovely. I was pretty excited after seeing this swatch to put it on my face but I should have saved my excitement because on the face, it's pretty naff. 

It is extremely dusty and dry, it doesn't show up as pigmented as the swatch and in general it just isn't very good. I wouldn't recommend it at all unfortunately. 


Although this particular product didn't wow me, I do want to try something else to give the brand a fair go so if you have an suggesting of what I should try next, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment