Monday 15 May 2017

TECHNIC WEEK: Strobe Kit

You might be wondering, why is there a post on a Monday? Well my lovelies, I am so in love with Technic cosmetics that have decided to make this working week TECHNIC WEEK! Everyday for the next five days there will be a new post showcasing a Technic product that *SPOILER* I love. 

Technic is a budget brand that doesn't get enough credit. It can most easily be purchased on amazon.com but it is also sold in some pretty random places such as in YOURS Clothing stores. 

I get it on amazon because it is the cheaper and almost ways has free delivery. Each product is no more than £5 but most are around the £2.50 mark which is how much this little gem of a highlighting palette was!

Yeah you read that right! 

The palette contains two cream strobing highlighters and two powders. 

The top row are rosey tones and the bottom are champagne. The bottom line is also some kid on magic act because they look so yellow/peach in the pan but are actually a blinding champagne on the skin. 

Technic packaging is very simple and clearly not expensive but it's simple, sturdy and effective so I like it personally. I like that all the palettes from Technic have a clear plastic front so it it so easy to find the right product in my collection. 


The first swatch above is the pink tones strobe cream. It is a true baby pink, very shimmery but also very natural looking if you use a light hand or can be built up to be a lot more intense.

Swatch two is the pink powder. When you put your finger in the product you will feel that is is a strange texture, very rough and dry. I honestly thought it would be horrible and not work at all but once I tried it, I was blown over. This shade is so pigmented, so intense, so blinding! I love it alone but I love it even more when layered over the cream counterpart. 

Swatch three is a classic champagne glow. It glides onto the skin in one swipe and blends out like a dream, as you can see from the swatch it looks nothing like the yellow cream in the pan. This is my favourite.

Lastly the Champagne powder, again, it has that horrible dry texture. But somehow, again, it is a dream! Layered over the strobe cream it gives the most amazing natural champagne glow. I don't quite understand how it is so natural yet so blindingly dazzling all at once. 

Day One of Technic Week complete!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment