Friday 19 May 2017

TECHNIC WEEK: Colour Fix Cream Contour Palette

This palette again was a cheap way for me to explore cream contour as I am a die hard powder contour fan. I like the blown out look of a powder but I wanted to experiment with the dewy look of a cream contour.

I'm a pale girl but I do have an olive skin tone so there are definitely people a lot paler than me but considering this I can only use one of the contour shades, the darkest one! 

The concealer shades aren't quite right for my colouring either, just the lightest one works for me. So, this is a strange palette as I feel like the contour shades work the best for pale girls and the concealers work best for darker skinned ladies. It's kind of nice that everyone can use this palette but they certainly can't use all the shades! 

Saying this, considering the tiny price tag it doesn't really bother me much that I won't use 6 of the creams. You could always pass if on to a friend once you hit pan?!


I love the consistency of these, very creamy and pigmented but not slippery if that makes sense at all! They do grip the skin really well. They last a long time, look super natural on the skin and blend out like a dream!

My only issue is that they are very drying on the skin and can bunch up on dry areas. I have oily skin so I can use them just fine but if you are a dry skinned girl maybe this palette isn't for you. But Technic do make other contour kits so maybe look into one of those instead! 

Overall, I'm really impressed with this palette. I'm not quite a cream contour convert but I'm certainly enjoying experimenting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment