Thursday 29 June 2017

The Most Magical Trip...


I'M ENGAGED!

I know, I'm in shock too! 

My fiancé and I have been together almost 5 years and I knew this next step was on both of our minds but I had no idea that he was planning to pop the questions just yet! 

We had a week away to our favourite place Ilfracombe in North Devon booked for a while and we had been counting down the days until we could have a carefree week in the most beautiful place.  

On Monday 19th June (my 25th Birthday) we packed up the car, strapped our puppy into the back seat and set off, me blissfully unaware and Liam with a ring hidden an a big box. 


A few years back we visited the Ilfracombe Tunnels, these are a series of tunnels that lead to a series of small private beaches. There are multiple coves to explore making you truly feel like the only people in the world. 

There were some slight hitches, on his first attempt the tide was all the way in so we couldn't get onto the beach at all so we went off for a cup of tea and headed back later on in the day...

Liam carefully chose a place for us to sit down where he would propose, he had wrapped up my birthday presents along with the ring and put them all inside a large gift box which I had been carrying around myself all day long! I went to open my present when an old couple rocked up with deck chairs and set up camp just centimetres from us, ruining the moment!

By this point poor Liam was getting a little frustrated and no doubt, nervous! He wisked me off in search of somewhere more private. By this point I was wondering why he was being to particular about where to sit and it dawned on me what he might be up too! 

He led me through some shallow water and we waded our way to a beautiful beach cove that was completely deserted, romantic and just for us.

We sat on a large rock and he waited for me to unwrap all my presents until I got to the very last little box. Which contained an engagement ring!


I have never felt happiness like it! 

I instantly fell even more in love with the most beautiful place in the world and the most amazing person.

We have both known since very early on in our relationship that we were forever so taking this next step honestly makes me the happiest person on earth! 


The whole thing was perfect, so unique to us and so incredibly romantic. 

The ring is exactly what I wanted not that he knew that so I don't understand how he got it so right! 

I haven't stopped looking at it since I received it!


We have been riding on a high ever since it happened last week and I can't see us coming down anytime soon!

We are planning on taking our time with planning the wedding, aiming for June 2021 but I am so excited to go to some wedding fares, try some free cake and raid Pinterest like crazy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment