Sunday 6 August 2017

My Top Five Highlighters

One          Two          Three           Four          Five


HIGHTLIGHT! HIGHLIGHT! HIGHLIGHT!

Highlighting is literally my favourite thing to do maybe ever. I live to highlight. I left the house once and realised that I had forgotten highlight and no word of a lie, I went back home to put it on! I felt so weird, like my cheek bones were naked and my face was flat. 

This post probably won't be helpful if you are looking for lovely everyday highlighter because I really love a unique glow! An unusual colour is my favourite!


From Left: Jeffree Star Skin Frost in Mint Condition, Technic Get Gorgeous in Champagne, Makeup Obsession in Moon, Urban Decay Afterglow in Fireball, Primark Mermaid Glow


1. Jeffree Star Skin Frost - Mint Condition

Jeffree Star is known for his incredible highlights and Mint Condition is probably they most out there one of the bunch! It is a beautifully pigmented mint green colour and it is so incredible unique that I just had to have it! You can use a very light hand to create a subtle mint hue or you can go full alien and glow crazy! I love this for a statement highlight!

2. Technic Get Gorgeous in Champagne

This highlight is so affordable! I got mine of Amazon for about £2 and I am in love with it! I like this for lazy days when I want to look natural but still glow! It is a finely milled formula and is very long lasting.

3. Makeup Obsession in Moon

Moon is amazing! I'm sure you have seen it all over youtube via SophDoesNails or Sophie Louise, it is a blinding purple toned highlight and it literally so cheap that you just can't go wrong with it. Everyone should own this!

4. Urban Decay Afterglow in Fireball

This one has a special place in my heart as it is the first high end highlighter I have ever bought and it does not disappoint! It looks quite orange in the swatch but on the skin it is more of a duo chrome pink, I love how feminine it looks but it also packs a punch!

5. Primark Mermaid Glow

I had to buy this! It was just too beautiful to leave behind and I am so glad that I did. It is the most intense blinding white/silver highlight that can look really natural if you careful but with a loaded brush and a cream strobe underneath it literally makes your face looked mirrored! This is the true glazed doughnut glow!


UPDATE: Since writing this post I had fallen in love with so many more highlighters! So if you would like a part two to this post, do let me know!


No comments:

Post a Comment