Thursday 24 August 2017

PINTEREST: Recent Wedding Pins

Pinterest is literally my best friend right now, I AM ADDICTED!

We are still very much just in the gathering ideas stage and we have no real direction but these are a few things that have caught my eye recently...


We don't currently know what our budget will be but I am a saver at heart and I love to DIY so this wedding itinerary really caught my eye. Liam is a fantastic drawer so I would love for him to hand draw something like this for the big day! He is desperately saving to buy an iPad Pro so when he gets it he would be able to draw something like this so easily, it would be so cheap to have printed and it looks so personal and artistic. 


We love food, I mean, a lot. There is no doubt in our minds that some kind of huge food display will be at the heart of our wedding, we have been considering hiring an ice cream truck but in case our budget doesn't stretch quite that far, there are so many lovely DIY alternatives. How adorable is this cookie bar?! We could maybe even add a big vat of hot chocolate to it for dipping!


Along the same theme, POPCORN BAR! We are big cinema lovers, we go regularly and have a huge film collection at home so this feels very us. The only issue is that personally I think that popcorn you flavour yourself never tastes as good but thats something we could explore and maybe rectify. Adorable though! 


Both our families are massive tea drinkers so when I saw this I fell in love. Also something we could do pretty cheaply, dresser from a second hand store and we have loads of tea pots already so we really would just need the decorations and the tea itself. I really think this would be a hit!


Can you tell I'm loving the vintage furniture? It is such a fresh idea I think, so easy to do but looks so much more personal and quirky. Obviously the sweets cart is very done, we did it for our engagement party but none the less, it is popular and you can't beat the cute factor! 


I have always hated flowers, they die and then thats it but in recent years I've really started to love them and I will certainly have some flowers at our wedding but I really like the idea of alternative materials for my bouquet as ill be able to keep it forever! This one is made entirely on brooches and buttons and isn't it incredible! I'm not sure Liam agrees with me but he'll come around! This particular one is extremely expensive but if it will last forever and can be passed down onto our children one day then surely its worth it?


Bringing me onto paper buttonholes! These are actually much cheaper, at about £10 each via many etsy stores and I may even like to try making them myself as I am pretty handy with this sort of thing! I think I could do it! Might be a nice thing to do with the ladies in my life, wine and buttonhole making evening! 

I just think these are lovely! Still very classic in style but with the quirky edge of the paper! Could even use books that we love or even scripts for our favourite films!



Feel free to head over to my pinterest and have a look at my other pins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment