Sunday 27 August 2017

Urban Decay Naked Heat Review

A warm smokey eye is one of my favourite go to eye looks. I have a good few eyeshadow in various palettes that I use to create this look but it is so nice to have one palette with everything I need to do it.

When Naked Heat was announced I knew it would be that palette, I have a few criticisms but overall this palette has really delivered!

The packaging is pretty much the exact same as the Naked Smokey which I also own so the perfectionist in me loves that they fit perfectly on top of each other but aside from that it is quality packaging. A good size, large but not unnecessarily so, protective which is very important and looks wise, its great as well. It reflects whats inside well with the amazing sunset of colour, I personally think the packaging is spot on.


Inside you are greeted with 12 large pans, a large mirror and a double ended brush.

I never used in palette mirrors but I know people rate them so yeah, this is a good one.

The pans are typical of a Naked palette and the brush isn't bad either, I preferred the brush in the Smokey palette as it had a fluffy end which was great for blending which I feel is missing from this palette but you can interchange your brushes to suit though so I might just pop my Smokey brush in here!


I will be talking about the shades from the left of the palette to the right and I have swatched the shades from the top of my wrist to the bottom


Ounce

While I am pleased that this palette has a highlight shade, I wish it was more pigmented. I'm not sure you can even see it in the photo! It is at the top of my wrist. I do use it and I'm glad it is included but it could be better.

Chaser

This is one of my faves actually, it looks pretty basic in the swatch but on the eye it is actually a lot darker. I like it as a crease shade, I feel like it works with all the other shades in the palette so well so I do tend to use it in the crease no matter what eye look I'm going for.

Sauced

Sauced is my most used as of yet, I apply this all over the lid, smoke it out with a little smoked on the lower lash line. Really simple look but I've been loving it on the daily.

Low Blow

Low Blow really is just a slightly darker variation of Sauced, this is where my slight issue with this palette starts. Some of the shades seem to blend into one, many are so similar that once you start blending you can't tell the difference. 

Lumbre

The shimmers are where Heat really starts to shine! Lumbre is bloody lovely, best applied with a finger to achieve full impact.

He Devil

He Devil is much more red than the shades we have seen so far. I haven't experimented with this one much yet but the quality is amazing.


Dirty Talk

Dirty Talk is the nicest most shimmery, glittery red. It is certainly not an everyday shade but I am really excited to try it out!

Scorched

I love this shade! It is such a beautiful intense coppery red, I am yet to try this on my lids but it swatches perfectly, This would be great all over the lid for a night out with some black liner!

Cayenne 

Cayenne is a slightly deeper version of He Devil, they are so similar that it seems pointless that they are both in one palette. I do prefer He Devil but Cayenne is perfectly nice too. 

En Fuego 

This shade didn't swatch well as you can see but on the lid it actually works quite well, It is a great shade to add definition, once I have done my eye makeup I like to use either En Fuego or Ashes to deepen the outer corner. 

Ashes

Ashes is a gorgeous matte deep purple, fantastic for adding definition. I think it would make an amazing all over smokey eye but I am yet to try it. 

Ember

This might be my favourite of the shimmers, so pigmented, so sparkly, so beautiful. Not that I ever have night out but if I do in the near future this will be my go to lid shade. 


My lovely fiancĂ© treated me to this palette because he's the best and he knew how much I wanted it, so I am pleased to announce that it was money well spent! 

Purchase Here

No comments:

Post a Comment