Sunday 23 April 2017

Glitter For Grown Ups


I am a 24 years old (25 in a few months), I have my own home, responsibilities and am even getting grey hair so am I getting too old for glitter?

NO!

I feel like when women get older we shy away from bold colours and styles such as a glitter eye in favour of more grown up nude shades. Anything to try and make us look professional, grown up and more youthful. 

I get that but for me, makeup is about fun and experimentation of which I am not ready to let go of! I am proud to say that I do still rock a glitter eye on a casual day, I do wear colour and I don't care what people think because I like it and thats all that matters.

For todays post I am going to talk about how I incorporate glitter into my everyday look! 


First look is a simple one. I do this so often! 

I simply do my usual makeup, natural and everyday but instead of my usual inner corner highlight, I replace it with a little hint of glitter. 

Prime the lids with your usual primer then powder it down with a little almost skin colour shade or just your face powder, I then add a bit of bronzer through the crease to add some dimension but this isn't a necessary step if you don't fancy it. Apply your mascara as usual then using a liquid glitter liner just pop some in the inner corner in the same way you would your inner corner highlight.

Ta Da! This is my absolute favourite way to rock glitter! 


The next look is the same as the previous so follow the same steps then just pull the glitter all the way along your lower lash line as well! Super easy, super natural still but just that little bit extra for the days you are feeling more sassy. 

I also sometimes do this for nights out if I'm not feeling anything to over the top because it still looks put together but also the lights in bars/restaurants really bounce of the glitter and looks incredible!


These are my three most used glitters, top is by Tanya Burr Cosmetics. This is a goldish bronze and has a thinner consistency which contains more sparse glitters so this is a good one if you want something toned down.

The second is Glam Rocks by Collection in shade gold and it is my most used, most favourite glitter liner ever. Collection does a variety of shades and they are all fabulous quality for a total bargain price. The glitter is finer and provides more impact, this is the liner used for todays looks.

Third is another Tanya Burr liner in silver. Again, sparse glitters perfect for a more toned down look. 


What do you guys think? Are you tempted by the glitter life?

No comments:

Post a Comment