Friday 19 October 2018

Trying Mamia by Aldi *


 This product was gifted but all thoughts are my own* 

By now I have used a good 80% of baby wipes brands on the planet. I never consistently buy the same ones although I do have my favourites, before having a baby I didn't realise that all wipes were different and that some would work better for me than others, I just thought they were wipes for baby butts!

We bought one pack of water wipes to bring with us to the hospital because at the hospital it was either that or cotton wool and water which I think is gross. My first experience with water wipes was during the night with a 1 day old baby covered in poo and millions of wipes flying out in one go! I mean, they cleaned him but I wasted loads and they were sort of too wet for me. Then after that we tried so many different wipes finding some too wet, some too dry but my main peeve was when too many wipes came out at once!

My favourites so far are Pampers Pure and Johnsons Extra Sensitive. But being that they are both big baby brands they can be quite expensive, I mean, £1 doesn't seem like a lot but it is when you use as many as a newborn needs!
Mamia is the baby brand by budget supermarket, Aldi. I have heard great things from friends and family, the prices are much cheaper than name brands and even a little cheaper than most supermarket brands. A full size pack retails for 49p which is half the price of bigger brands! So they can wipe twice the poo for the same cost!

As you can see on the front of the packet, these wipes have won a good few Mother&Baby Awards which is super reassuring that they are good for my baby. They are also suitable from birth and sensitive skin which is exactly what you want, keeping the chemicals at a minimum.

I have been using these exclusively for a week now and I can honestly say, I love them! They are just the right wetness, wet enough to do a good job but not so wet that they slip all over the place. They don't always come out one at a time but they do more often than not which is a huge plus for me. Overall, I feel like I am using less of these wipes per bum change and they are also cheaper which will save us a lot of money!


I don't usually shop at Aldi but I might have to start so I can pick these up more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment