Monday 15 October 2018

More Tranquil Beauty Treats! *



These products were gifted but all thoughts are my own* 

Not long ago I was lucky enough to be send a bath pillow by Tranquil Beauty to review, if you look back a few months you will see how much I loved it! I've now been super lucky to be sent a few more bath time/pampering beauties to try.

The first item is these Massage Cups, I didn't even really know what they were until I received them, this is what the instructional leaflet says...

"Cupping is a deep tissue non invasive natural therapy that targets cellulite, by stimulating blood circulation: fat and toxins built up on the surface of the skin are promoted to the lymph drainage system. Our lovely cups leave skin visibly tighter, breaking up deposits of all that bad stuff"

I did a little research of my own and found that cupping is also used to help with the appearance of stretch marks which I have quite a few of (Thanks Rory!) I found this really interesting as I would do anything to improve the appearance of these pesky stretch marks! I know there is no miracle cure for them but any help is appreciated!


The instructions recommend you lubricate the skin first or use in the shower and make use of the water and soap. I have been using the Johnsons Bedtime Baby Cream, just because its what I had to hand and it works perfectly. Any kind of body cream would work well.

To use the cups, you squeeze and press against the skin then release the squeeze so that the cups suction to your skin. You can vary the pressure by experimenting with how much you squeeze the cup when applying. There are two size cups which do the same thing but just make using on different body parts easier.

I have been using the smaller cup on my stomach and hips, it works perfectly for this area.

I have been using these now for a few weeks now, the instructions do say to wait 30days of use before judging the results. So, baring this in mind, I am not currently seeing huge results but I do feel like something is changing! The stretch marks do seem lighter to me! And I am really enjoying using them as they feel really nice on the skin.

I will update you further in a few more weeks and let you know if anything has changed!


The second item Tranquil Beauty kindly sent me is a bath mat. I mean, bath mats are boring right? But they are a bathroom essential so I was pretty excited to have a good quality mat and to be able to review and see if this bathmat is any better than your cheap basic one. 

The packaging isn't quite as fancy as the cups or as the bath pillow I previously reviewed but it doesn't really need to be as it is a bath mat after all. 


I haven't had many bath mats before but the ones I have had haven't fitted around the plug hole like this. I personally stand quite close to the plug hole as we have an over the bath shower which is just above it so this is actually a really helpful addition. I also think that most mats don't span the whole bath length, just covering a small area in which for you to stand but this one fits the whole length meaning you have no slip risk anywhere in the bath. Great for children who fidget!


My favourite use however is to hold Rory's AngelCare bath seat still. I usually get in the bath with Rory and sit in front of the seat, I have to use my knees to hold the seat still while I bath him which can be really annoying. The mat is so helpful as it holds the bath seat in place for me! Obviously, please don't ever leave your child unattended but I do find this so handy and it means I have a little more freedom to clean and play with my little water baby.


Overall, the cups are really fun, really enjoyable to use and I like them a lot! Whether they work or not remains to be seen but I'm impressed with them so far.

The bath mat is very simple but I do think it has advantages that your basic bath mat doesn't, so if you are in the market, you can't go wrong with this one!


You can purchase the cups and mat HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment