Wednesday 24 October 2018

Everyday Makeup For When Time Is Limited


These days I'm lucky to get 5 mins to do my makeup while Rory entertains himself, I usually put him in his cot to watch the cot mobile while I quickly slap some makeup up on attempted to make myself look presentable and less tired!

Don't get my wrong sometimes when you're a mum you just need to forget about makeup and enjoy your day and there is nothing wrong with that. At least 5 days a week, I am bare faced and I actually really love it but other times its nice to make more of an effort. 

For the base I usually don't bother with foundation,  I am super lucky to have good skin so I just use the Marcelle BB Cream in Golden Glow. I gives me a nice colour and evens out my tone. 

I desperately need concealer with the massive bags under my eyes so I use the Boujois Healthy Mix Anti-Fatigue concealer in 51 Light. It is a relatively sheer concealer which I like because this gives a natural look so that me skin still looks like skin!

I then powder all this into place with a H&M powder. Super necessary for me because I get so sweaty through out the day, having to hold a radiator baby most of the day.


The most important part of this look is the highlighter and blush from the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vol 3, the blush is a lovely pink shade, very natural but with a beautiful shimmer that makes my face look super healthy. I use highlight 2 in the palette and I am addicted to it! It makes you look like you have a natural glow from within, almost not there but makes you look so incredibly healthy!


Bronzer is my favourite step! I use the Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Beached, I use a big fluffy Makeup Revolution brush to disperse the product which provides a really natural looking glow. This shade is perfect for me as it is just the right tone for everyday, I also lovvvvvveeee the packaging and just simple enjoy using it.

If Rory is still behaving himself I then use a fluffy Anastasia Beverly Hills eye brush to run some bronzer through my eye crease to give my eyes a little bit of depth and the I add a little highlight to my brow bone with the same Hourglass highlighter. For my brows I would usually use a brow powder to shape them but if I don't have the time then I just use this Fill + Tame Brow Gel in Brunette. I just run it through my brow hairs to provide a little colour and definition without looking too done.

For my lashes I have been using the Tanya Burr Cosmetics Selfie Lash, this isn't my favourite by far because of how little it does to my lashes but I find it works well for this look because it almost looks like I'm not wearing any mascara, matching well with the natural look. 

Lastly I use a little of this Body Shop Lip and Cheek stain in Peach on my lips. It's great because its a stain which lasts all day and is in a very natural your lips but better shade. I have had this for yonks so I doubt they still sell this same product but I'm sure they sell something similar! 


Please enjoy this really early Christmas photo of me and my boy while wearing this natural, quick, everyday look. I may look a little like a thumb but at least I'm glowing!


I've really been loving BB creams instead of foundation recently but only own this one mentioned in this post, what ones do you guys recommend? I'm desperate to try some other ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment