Tuesday 9 October 2018

Base Products by Revolution Pro


I've been using Revlon Color Stay as my foundation and Collection Lasting Perfection as my concealer for literally ages. I don't tend to experiment with base products because its just too damn hard so when I find something that works, I stick with it. But, Revolution Pro has been all over youtube/blogs recently so considering I've been scrapping the barrel for a while I thought I would for once, try something new.

For foundation I thought I would try out the foundation drops in F2, this is the second lightest shade. I am quite fair but do have some olive tones to my skin, I tried the shade on my hand in store as well as a few others and thought this one looked the best but I think the lighting in store must have deceived me because its actually quite light! 

Liams nan actually asked me if I was feeling unwell! Ha!

The shade issue is obviously my fault but the product itself is actually very good! It is described as light weight with a medium coverage. I would agree, it does feel beautifully weightless on the skin and the coverage is medium in my opinion. I have quite good skin so for me it does nicely cover up my imperfections but I would say that if your skin is quite blemished then maybe this won't be enough for you. I have oily skin and I actually find it to be quite drying, I can work with it but I do feel that it might dry out dryer skin and might make blemishes look a little crusty. 

Overall, I am a fan! I wouldn't say it is the best foundation I've ever used but I certainly will be finishing the bottle! Once the weather gets colder and my skin gets dryer I might need to reconsider but until then I'm really liking it! Would recommend!


The concealer I chose is the Revolution Pro Full Coverage Camouflage Concealer in C1, Revolution Pro describe this as a concealer providing lasting maximum coverage. I went for the lightest shade which is describes as for fair skin with neutral tones and in hindsight I should have gone for C2 which is aimed at yellow undertones which would definitely have worked better for me. The concealer is described as maximum coverage so I expected that it would be thick, it is very thick, so thick that it is actually quite difficult to blend out and rather than settle into the skin it seems to sit on top of it. It seems too crease extremely badly and quickly, I powder it down as soon as I apply it and even that can't stop the creasing! 

If you don't have lines under your eyes maybe you will be ok with this but for me, it almost makes it look like I have wrinkles because it settles into my under eye lines so badly and obviously. The only way I can use this is too only apply on the outer section of my under eyes, completely avoiding the inner corner and inner under eye. 

This concealer however is really great for covering blemishes, due to the high coverage and thickness it covers so well and for me, I don't have lines on the rest of my face so it doesn't crease. So essentially, if you are crease free you'll love this! Otherwise its not for you!


Overall, I have been impressed with Makeup Revolutions rebranding, the packaging is sleek and more expensive looking than it used to be. The products are arguably better quality and the newer releases have been exciting ones! I would recommend the foundation, not so much the concealer but I definitely will be trying out some other Revolution Pro products! 



No comments:

Post a Comment