Sunday 5 March 2017

Urban Decay Lipstick Palette in Junkie

I'm super lazy and can't be bothered with wearing lipstick everyday, making sure it always looks pristine. So spending a lot of money on separate lipsticks is a waste, they won't get used often but because of this I don't get to try out different looks when I do fancy wearing a little lippie. 

When this was palette was first announced I knew it had to have it, finally a way to try a little of everything!

The packaging is gorgeous, I love the gun metal case and the sleek rectangle shape. Beautifully embossed with VICE on the front. Everything about this palette is sexy.

When you open it you are greeted with a clear black flip open cover which I really like as it will protect your lipsticks when you are just using the huge mirror. It reads...

...Lipstick Is My Vice.

The outer cardboard packaging is super alluring, the boldness of the colours shown just makes you lust so hard to see what is inside. 


The palette includes a retractable brush for easy application, I usually never use included brushes but this one is a must. Applies product perfectly, it is a great shape and density but the best thing is that you can load the brush with product, retract it then take just the brush out with you for quick touch ups! Not sure if this is intended purpose but it sure works well!


Top from left: Disturbed   714   Carnal   Safe Word   Studded   Whip 

Bottom from right: Wrath   Big Bang   Firebird   Vanity Kills   Speedball   Junkie 

There are two palette options, "Blackmail" is a more wearable palette which I was temped to get for that reason but I went for "Junkie" was because I felt the included 12 shades were more interesting and varied. 

There is a good variation of shades available from wearable nudes, pinks and sexy reds as well as more unique shades like the green and the lilac. 


Now for the best bit, SWATCHES!!!

The top left in the palette through the top line then onto the bottom line also from the left. 

There is a selection of finishes here, metallic, mates, sheer and creams so as expected they all apply very differently. Some better than others. 

There are a few shades that aren't the best such as Whip because it is so sheer that you get almost no colour pay off so it really isn't worth even applying. Vanity Kills is a tough one because I actually love the colour and it wears quite well but in the pan it is dry and crumbly so really hard to work with. Junkie is pretty much the reason I went for this palette over the Blackmail palette, it is a super unique glittery green shade and I was so excited to try it but honestly it's crap, so sheer and patchy just making my lips looks mouldy. which obviously isn't a good look! 

All the other shades apply and wear well. I will definitely have a great time experimenting with them all!

A favourite is Big Bang, it is a really weird shade. It is impactful but at the same time the sheer look makes it super easy to wear and it wears off the lips so well it doesn't need re applying too often. 

My absolute favourite though is Studded, it is such an individual colour. A sort of bronzy, silver but with fine glitters and a sheer finish. It is so cool and standout without being in your face, I'm considering buying the full size of this beauty!

Ultimately I would say that this is a fantastic palette, if you are like me and just want to try new lipsticks without spending hundreds on the Urban Decay Lipstick Vault then this is a must for you. If you already own a whole loads of lipsticks then maybe it isn't necessary as it does include a lot of shades that you may already have something similar too but it certainly wouldn't be a waste if you did want to give it a go! 

Purchase Here

No comments:

Post a Comment