Thursday 2 March 2017

Benefit They're Real Big Sexy Eye Kit


Benefit recently released the They're Real Big Sexy Eye Kit, they released this palette which contains three shadow duos and also a selection of single duos. The singles retail for £19.50 and this larger palette cost just £9 more so it seemed like a no brainer to go for this one!

I am a lazy cow so anything that makes my morning makeup quicker and easier is a must for me. Benefit describe this palette as...

"Three beyond easy, eyeshadow duos"

...and it comes with a custom shadow blender. The idea is that you swipe the dome shaped sponge applicator over two shadows and then swipe them across the lid. It is supposed to create a polished eye look in one sweep, the lighter shade across the lid then the darker in the crease or vice versa. 



I like the packaging, I mean, it's cute. Eye catching, sturdy, good quality and it would definitely not break any of the shadows if you dropped it off the Eiffel Tower. Basically what I'm trying to say is that, it's bulky as hell.

I have no idea why Benefit thought this was necessary, the majority of the container is empty. 

Although, it takes up bloody loads of room in my makeup collection, it is pretty so I can deal with it.



Let talk a little about the shadow duos... from top row to bottom.

Naughty Neutral 

Both shimmers but the dark brown is a more finely milled formula, the lighter is highly shimmered. Neither are particularly pigmented. I feel like they require further blending to make them look decent,  you have to get a brush involved which defeats the object of the custom shadow blender. 

Beyond Nude

The pink tones of the palette, a lighter baby pink with a dusky pink. Both shimmers, neither very pigmented but I actually like this one. They are very sheer, very shimmery so if you are looking for high pigment this is a no go but it does do what is said on the tin and does go on easy. Creating a no frills everyday look. I do reach for this when I'm running out of time and just need to leave the house before I'm late for work. 

Bombshell Brown

This is the darkest of all the duos, a lightly shimmery cream tone with a deep milk chocolate brown shimmer. I don't like this one at all, it requires so much blending and can often end up looking muddy. The applicator doesn't fit in my crease properly so I end up with dark brown smudges in entirely the wrong place. 

I'm sure you can guess by now that there are a whole lot more negatives then there are positives here. It isn't the best product Benefit have to offer but it is an innovative idea that they could build on in the future so it's not a complete fail. Better luck next time Benefit! 

Purchase Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment