Thursday 16 March 2017

My Introduction to Too Faced!

I am pretty set in my ways when it comes to makeup, I like trying new things but usually from the same brands (Urban Decay I'm looking at you) but this year it is high time to mix it up and try something new!

Too Faced is a brand that is so raved about and so coveted that it is frankly ridiculous that it has taken me this long to try! 

When trying to narrow down what I wanted to try first from Too Faced, it wasn't too hard. This palette is beautiful, the packaging, the shade collection and the hype alone confirmed to me that I wouldn't be let down.

 And I wasn't let down ever in the slightest!

I felt that this palette was a safe choice as it contains core shades, browns, golds and a few stand out shades such as the reds and purple. I thought it would be a practical palette, useful for everyday and easy to use. I was right but also wrong in this sense, it is an easy palette to work with but the shadows  when applied are each truly incredible in there own ways. 

Hazelnut for instance is just a light brown in the pan but this one shade alone can create a whole eyeshadow look. It might well be my very favourite shadow in this whole palette, I can't explain why it is so special but it applies like a dream (all the shades do), it blends so effortlessly (all the shades do) and somehow just looks...more. More effort, more intense, more beautiful than any other light brown shadow I have ever used. 


Another favourite shade is Creme Brûlée, I have many other shadows in my collection that look similar in the pan but Creme Brûlée is different, it glides on like butter and shimmers so intensely that I have just fallen head over heels in love with it. 


Left: Hazelnut - Creme Brûlée - Milk Chocolate -  Salted Caramel :Right

These four swatched above as my most used shades so far but I'm certain eventually every shadow will be used and loved.

I also want to mention a few other shades that tickle my pickle, Amaretto and Black Forest Truffle are the darker red tones and I love them. A little harder to wear on an everyday which is why they aren't so used but there are delectable. 

I also want to mention the smell of this palette, I knew it was chocolate scented before I bought it but i didn't care much about it. A smell doesn't effect the use right? It does! They not only smell like chocolate powder but they feel like it too. The smell is so sweet and lovely, it really does just enhance the palette as a whole.

I cannot recommend this enough! 

Purchase Here


If this palette is a little out of your price range but you need some chocolatey goodness, Sundays post will be about an incredible dupe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment