Sunday 12 March 2017

MAKEUP OBSESSION

Top Row From Left:     Pearl    Bare    Moon
Bottom Row From Left:    Chrome    Precious    Radiance


I'm sure you have all heard of MakeUp Obsession by now. It is a Boots own brand of refillable/customisable palettes with a huge array of refill pans including eyeshadows, highlighters, blushers, contours and more recently lip products. The palettes can also be engraved as part of the Boots Emporium which is freaking cool.

I thought it was a snazzy idea when I first saw it but in the blink of an eye it felt like all the British youtubers/bloggers started taking about it like crazy! So many good reviews! Especially of the highlighter in Moon which is my favourite highlighter at the moment and I can't see that changing anytime soon! It is truly incredible.

(These swatches are actually in the wrong order! They are Bare, Moon and Pearl)

In my palette, I chose to go for just highlighters because they were what was being the best reviewed. I went for three standard pressed powders (top row) and three strobe creams (bottom row).

Lets take about the powders first, I am in love. Head over heels, truly, madly, deeply in love! They are all so buttery and smooth, little to no kick up when you sweep the brush through, highly pigmented and in the most beautiful unique yet wearable shades. 

Moon (the lilac) has been raved about all over youtube and it is totally understandable why! Look at that pigment! It looks so good on my pale skin tone and although I haven't tried it, I think it would look lovely on a more tanner lady too. Pearl is a gorgeous slightly golden toned highlight, if used with a light hand it is a great everyday highlight or layer it up for a seriously blinding highlight! Bare is probably my favourite. It is a baby pink, very simple but can be build up to a blinding glow which I adore. 

What is so great about these is that they can be worn in a very natural way or built up to look super intense, they are very versatile. A makeup collection staple in my opinion.

The strobe creams are not as loved by me but they are still great. They are very creamy, very pigmented but not as pigmented as the powders. If you're going for a simple everyday look then these will work well for you but what I like to do is wear them under the powders to intensify the pigments even further. I'm not afraid to glow so I really enjoy doing this, I can't even explain to you how intense this method makes your highlight! 

These all also work beautifully as an inner corner highlight!


You need these in your life! I am so pleased with them! Such good quality for such a low price, I actually think they are better highlighters than many high end ones I have tried!

Shop MakeUp Obsession Here

No comments:

Post a Comment