Tuesday 19 May 2015

Movie Review: Pitch Perfect 2 9/10


When the first Pitch Perfect came out I wasn't all that interested but then when I actually did see it. I loved it! It was so funny, so quotable and just plain great so when I heard about Pitch Perfect 2, I knew I had to see it asap!

Although not quite as good as the first film, I was not disappointed at all.

Fat Amy is the highlight of the first film and that doesn't change here, she is hilarious and so relatable too. Everything she says is plain hilarious...

A lot of reviews I have read say that the movie relies on Fat Amy but I don't agree. Yes, she is the funniest character but the other characters definitely also provide some serious laughs. I was laughing  the whole way through and I might even go as far as to say that it was funnier than the first film!

I did really enjoy this film and I will definitely be buying it on DVD the second it comes out, it's the kind of film you can watch over and over again and never get bored.

But, like any film. There were downsides....

The main storyline of this movie is the Bella's competing with other acapella groups, mainly being Das Sound Machine. A german group who are perceived as being very good... this bothered me because Das Sound Machine were rubbish and it was a bore to sit through their awful performances. I think they should have been reconsidered and replaced with a more talented and interesting acapella group.

Another downside, was the ending. The film leads up to the girls competing at an international competition and them winning was vital to the survival of the group but you never see them win! They must have won but you get no indication that they did and you certainly don't see it. Them winning was the whole point of the film so this really pissed me off. It would have added no more than a minute to the run time so I just don't understand why it wasn't included.

Overall, I loved it and I definitely think you need to see it! Like now! 

A few moments...






No comments:

Post a Comment