Thursday 25 August 2016

NYX Vivid Brights

Left: Vivid Envy   Right: Vivid Sapphire

I love coloured eyeliner. I love it because I have hazel eyes so brightly coloured eyeliners really bring out the different colours in my eyes. So when perusing my local NYX counter, I came across the most incredible collection of coloured liquid eyeliners and knew I had to try them. So far I have bought two shades. 

The first I bought was Vivid Envy and the reason I bought this is because they were sold out of Vivid Sapphire which was the colour I really wanted. I was too impatient to wait for them to restock so I threw this amazing green one into my basket and trotted merrily to the till. 

I will admit, these are quite hard to apply, they have long hairs as the applicator and they are rather hard to control. They would definitely be easier to apply if they had a plastic tip but I do think the hairs give a better application of colour despite the struggle to get it on. I used a piece of tape to get the liner flicks right, otherwise it would have been truly impossible. 

The green shade is a lot more demure than the tube would suggest. It looks like it would be a more neon colour so it is a little annoying to get a different colour than I expected but I do still realllllly love it. 


Youtuber Gabriella Lindley (VelvetGh0st) was wearing Vivid Sapphire in one of her vlogs and I couldn't stop staring at her eyes. For the next few weeks I kept visiting the NYX stand and the shade was always sold out! I was getting so frustrated because I needed it so badly! When I finally found it I nearly peed myself with happiness. It is the most incredibly intense amazing sapphire blue, it is no surprise that it was always sold out. 

It is just as hard to apply as the green but I love them both so much that I will most definitely be buying the rest of the collection and wearing them everyday until people start referring to me as the rainbow eyes girl. I am addicted! 

Do yourself a favour and give them a try! 

No comments:

Post a Comment