Tuesday 23 August 2016

Natural Collection Highlighter Sticks


Left: Rose Glow     Right: Coral Glow 

I look around the makeup section in Boots so frequently that when a new product pop up, I noticed it straight away and if intriguing enough, it will end up in my basket. 

These Natural Collection Highlighter Sticks intrigued me because I'm pretty certain that Natural Collection didn't do a highlighter until now. I have used Natural Collection products before but i've never been too impressed because as the name suggests, everything is very natural and just not all that exciting. But these little guys looked so different from the rest of the stand, beautiful colours with intense shimmer and packaged in petite white twist up chubby sticks. 

I like the packaging mostly, they are very small at roughly 2inches tall, containing a decent amount of  cream highlighter. The diameter of the product is perfectly sized to run along the cheek bone applying just the right amount of product. 

Great for squeezing in a makeup bag and clearly labelled on the bottom of the stick, my only issue is that the lids don't seem to stay on very well. This could cause quite the issue should the lid come off in your bag. 


(Unblended)

As you can see here, the colours are gorgeous. Rose Glow (left) is a dusty pink with golden shimmers, it is a very wearable colour with a huge amount of pigmentation. I feel that it would suit most skin tones as it is a subtle light shade. 

Coral Glow (right) is a weird one for me. It is a strong coral shade with golden shimmer, my issue is that I don't feel that it is a highlighter shade at all. It is just too coral and bright, more of a shimmering blusher in my opinion. I just don't see how on anyone this could be a highlight. It is still wearable though, I like it as a blush but rather than using it on the apples of my cheeks, I blend it from my upper apple and pull it up along my cheek bone so that it kind of acts as a blush and highlighter combo. 


(Blended Out) 

My issue with these occurs when you start blending. You have to be so careful because it is so easy to accidentally buff away all of the colour and end up with just chunky glitter. I actually quite like the chunky glitter look because I'm a weirdo but I don't think many other people would appreciate it! 

These retail at £1.99 each and can often be found on a 3 for 2 offer in Boots which makes these bad boys a freaking bargain. They aren't perfect but I think they are really adaptable, you can use them as a highlight, a blush or even eyeshadow. Considering the price I really think they are pretty good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment