Thursday 31 March 2016

Primark PS...Super Matte Liquid Lipstick First Impressions/Review


I have explored Primarks beauty range before and found that mostly it does the job but it's nothing to write home about. The range has been on sale for some time now and mostly, it has never changed. Every store I went into had all the same stuff, the same eyeliners, the same two shades of lipstick and the same boring brushes but on a recent trip to Lakeside Shopping Centre I came across this... 

PS.....Super Matte Liquid Lipstick

The shade does not have a name but it is a very matte, dusky rose but it is slightly hotter pink than your typical dusky rose. 

A lot of cheaper brands have brought out liquid lipsticks so I was interested to see how a bargain £2.00 Primark product would do. I think this is the cheapest option I have come across. 




The packaging is really nice, the tube is a sleek, rectangular clear plastic with a matte black plastic screw top containing the applicator. The clear tube is great because you can see the colour of the product without having to read a label or open it up, the font and design is super simple but does the job and the applicator has a long thing sponge tip that works really well at getting product in the corners of the mouth and provides really great precision.




I've found that the product applies best by wiping off excess product and adding to the lips in thin layers until you have the required opacity. I think one layer is the perfect amount but that is a personal preference.




Now to discuss the product itself. 

I am very impressed.

The first time I wore it was on a long day out in London followed by a sweaty gig, I ate a delicious Mexican meal, drank, kissed and sang. Not only did the liquid lipstick with stand all these things, it still looked great through out. I did re-apply a few times through out the day and this can sometimes be a risk with liquid lipsticks, I usually find that this causes cracking and flaking but that did not happen at all!

It looked better with every layer!

It stayed smooth and matte, hydrating and looked amazing!

In the photo above, my boyfriend and I were sitting in a crowded venue waiting for The 1975 to come on stage. The liquid lipstick had been on my lips all day and I had just downed a giant cup of Coke. Doesn't it look perfect? 



Ultimately, I am so happy with it! I will most definitely be purchasing the other shades and wearing the life out of every single one of them! 



Follow this link for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment