Tuesday 10 July 2018

Baby Things We Already Have And Can't Wait To Use!


One               Two              Three               Four


If you have a baby or are expecting one I'm sure you've been doing the same as me and randomly going into the babies space and looking in every draw. Touching all the little clothes, smelling all the clean blankets and stroking the teddy bears, just generally looking forward to when little one finally arrives and uses all these adorable things! 

We have been incredibly blessed to have been gifted so many lovely things from family and friends, we did buy the majority of little boys things ourselves though. The nursery space takes up about half of our bedroom which we have fully redecorated to make it a neutral space that is suitable for both ourselves and for a baby, we didn't want the space to look too childish so a lot of the items we have bought are in white and grey. I'll be uploading a nursery tour soon!

I thought I'd talk you through just a few of the many things we have for baby that I am desperate to use! The next 3 weeks can't go quick enough!


One

Firstly is Ewan The Dream Sheep, it feels like everyone in the world has recommended Ewan and it helps that he is bloody adorable. So when my baby shower rolled around and people started asking what we wanted, I had to add Ewan to the list. Ewan is a sleep aid essentially, he is both a nightlight but also has a button in each foot that each makes a different soothing sound to help baby sleep. It did seem like faddy crap to me originally, like how can a few noises help a baby sleep? But the hype surrounding it is insane so I am now convinced it will help me raise a sleeping angel. Fingers crossed!


Two

One thing Liam was adamant on was that he hated standard Moses baskets and wanted something a little different. I told him that he could choose anything he wanted as long as it didn't cost the earth like most of the fancier ones do! He researched like crazy and came across a brand called Mokee, they are super affordable and we decided to go for a sleep bundle which included the Moses basket, cot and both mattresses for £229. I mean, thats such an insanely good price! I will say that the delivery took almost 7 weeks which is hard when you are as excited as we were but it did all come in perfect condition and the quality exceeded our expectations. 

The Wool Nest (shown) is the thing I am most excited about,  it is the softest, cosiest thing on earth and I am so excited for the first time we lay our little bundle down in it and most likely stare at him all night long! 


Three

First of all, babies name is not Jamie. That is still a closely guarded secret that only a few people know and are sworn to secrecy! Something we desperately wanted was a personalised blanket with little ones names on it. It just felt so special to open the box and see his name for the first time beautifully embroidered on this gorgeously soft white cellular blanket from MyFirstYears. This was a a baby shower present from Liam's mum (one of the lucky ones who knows the name) and is currently hanging on the side of the cot, it feels so surreal to see his name taking pride of place. It really brought it home how close we are to having a real baby here!


Four

Lastly, one of the first things we bought for baby was this Jellycat Lion. It has been with us since the very beginning of this pregnancy so it feels only fitting that it is one the things I am most excited about! I know he won't play with it at first but he will look so cute snuggled up next to it in photographs! Like all Jellycat toys, it is the softest thing. Our poor dog has been desperate the get his teeth around it for months, it's heartbreaking watching him lust after it! 


In all honesty, I'm excited for everything. Even plain white socks get me all excited. Even nappies get me excited! I'm crazy, I know but these are the few things I find myself staring at the most. 

What are you guys loving for your little ones? 



No comments:

Post a Comment