Wednesday 4 July 2018

36 Week Pregnancy Update


The past few weeks have been busy to say the least! We went on holiday to Devon for 5 days, had a baby shower and Liam graduated university for the last time!

It is so lovely to have the photos and memories of Baby Fish at these events but my god did he make himself known!

Things have really ramped up recently, let talk about it!

1. Officially nothing fits, nothing. I have been shoe horning myself into maxi dresses and hoping they don't burst at the seems. 

2. It's not only clothes that doesn't fit, now neither do my shoes or my jewellery! I noticed while on holiday that my ankles had really swollen up and I could barely get my shoes on, I wore a Thomas Sabo anklet on the first day of holiday and by the last, I couldn't get it on. I did have a ring snuggie on my engagement ring which I no longer need and I live in flip flops. 

3. A whole week of walking along beaches and non stop activity really took its toll, I have never felt more tired in my life but also never felt better in my own skin! It was so nice getting my bump out in a bikini and taking gorgeous beach bump pics! 

4. I had the best time at my baby shower and am so grateful to everyone that made the day special and got lovely presents for Baby Fish. 

5. Washing baby clothes is a bloody nightmare, the whole time a wash is on I find myself constantly worrying that everything will come out misshapen or the wrong colour. It hasn't happened yet but I'm a washing disaster so I'm waiting for it!

6. I think I have a stretch mark, it is faint and pink but I feel like its getting darker. I'm not too sad about it as I expected it to happen but with only 4 weeks left! How annoying!

7. I am still being sick, I think it is safe to assume now that it isn't going away. I'm fairly certain I will throw up during birth/labour. 

8. His movements are so strong now that they are quite often really unpleasant. His rolls make me feel physically sick but at the same time, if I don't feel like every 5mins I panic like crazy.  

9. I think I have carpel tunnel, my fingers are constantly tingling/numb. Midwife says it's nothing to worry about but it really is driving me mad! 

10. We have had our 36week scan which was a horror from start to finish, the lady who did my blood test and blood pressure I swear was trying to kill me. She did my blood pressure repeatedly until my whole arm went purple and I couldn't move it then she tried to take blood from that arm which obviously didn't have any as it was dead! So she proceeded to wiggle the needle around and stab at me for ages before moving to the other arm. Then the lady doing the scan was so rough that she bruised my stomach but the overall outcome was that baby is fine and not quite as large as they originally thought so thats good at least!



I honestly can't get my head around the fact that he is due to be here in 4 weeks! We are completely prepared though, everything is washed, folded, put away, built and stocked up! The only thing left to do is get a mirror and window shades for the car, so I'm just using my time to sleep and relax my aching body now! 

Please don't be late little boy! I can't wait any longer to meet you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment