Sunday 5 February 2017

Urban Decay Liquid Moondust in Recharged

I am a huge fan of Urban Decay as a brand and I love glitter, especially duo chrome glitters. So buying one of these bad boys was never in question, it just had to be done. 

Prior to Liquid Moondust's release, Urban Decay already had a range of duo chrome pressed powder shadows and more recently released the Moondust palette (which I'm dying to get) but these are the first in the liquid formula. 

Let talk about the packaging. The card outer packaging is a purple toned black with a gorgeous space/star motif. With the same Moondust font as with on all the other Moondust range, the embossed glitter writing is my absolute favourite. The whole outer packaging is so luxe and yet so unique compare to other brands.

The product itself is in a thick plastic tube containing a long applicator wand with a brush tip. It is very simple packaging compared to the outer box but it is still nice, I'd have appreciated something a bit snazzier but it does the job well enough. The brush applicator is ok, I mean, it gets the product on but it is so thin that I find it hard to disperse the product on the eye lid and end up having to use my finger to blend it all in. I think a sponge tip/large doe foot applicator would have worked so much better. 


The shade I chose is "Recharged" it is a peach shade with pink duo chromes, in the tube it is beautiful and intense looking but when swatched, it just isn't as intense. It's a bit of a let down. 

You can layer the colour to make it more intense but it seems like the layers get lifted off with every new layer that is applied. I also find that because it dries quickly, when you blend it with your finger it gets lifted off and your finger ends up with more pigment than your eyelid. 


Left: Unblended - Right: Blended with fingertip 

As you can see by these swatches, it is quite underwhelming. It doesn't look bad by a long shot, it is pretty and I do like it but I just expected more from such a great brand and a product I had been so excited about. 

Overall, I would say that Liquid Moondust is not a bad product, I will wear it but it just doesn't live up to the standards we have come to expect from Urban Decay. I would much rather invest in another powder Moondust or the palette than buy anymore of these.

Purchase Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment