Thursday 23 February 2017

Smashbox Covershot Eye Palette in Metallic



I think we all sat up and noticed the release of these little palettes didn't we?!

It felt like in a matter of a day, they appeared in every youtube video I was watching. 

They are very compact 8 shade palettes which come in seven different options...

Smokey, Matte, Bold, Golden Hour, Metallic, Soft light and Ablaze.

I went for Metallic which as suggested is a selection metallic shadows, I chose this one because I love a metallic eye and the palette includes a good selection of everyday shades. I could envision a lot of eye looks that I could make with it.


I honestly cannot remember which swatch is which shadow as I just went crazy and shoved my nubby fingers in them all!As you can see they all seem very pigmented and bold which I suppose they are but the problem is that they are also very crumbly in texture. 

I found that when using a brush, most of the pigment either falls off the brush or crumbles off my eye when I'm trying to apply it. Which is really not what you want. I changed my approach so using my fingers to apply I tried again, I managed to get a little more pigment but somehow the shades still crumbled off of my lids.

I can't understand it as they seem so buttery to the touch, I have really tried to work with them but I just cannot get them to work well. They have also been reviewed so well so I don't know if I got a bad one or something but I just didn't enjoy this palette at all. 

It isn't the worst palette I've ever used, I'm sure i'll get some use out of it but I just expected better quality from such a well loved brand. 


Although the product inside isn't great, I do adore the packaging. The colour explosion image on the front changes as you move it, it really is cool. I've never seen this used on a makeup palette before. As you can see from the size against my fingers, the palette is tiny! I probably will still take it when I travel simple because it is perfectly made for it. Taking up barely any room in my makeup bag.


Other people see to love this little palette, have you tried it? What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment