Thursday 16 February 2017

Sillisponge Review


The online world has been going mental for this little silicone sponge, youtubers, bloggers, instagrammers all testing it out. At first, everyone wanted to get their hands on the sponge because it was all over Instagram, it looked amazing, cleaner and more hygienic than a beauty blender, less product wastage and apparently making foundation look flawless. 

Molly Cosmetics, the original maker of the Sillisponge have this to say...


Wasting products is history now cos, of course, it doesn't soak in a thing! The foundation needed is literally just half the amount compared to directly using brush or sponge. Spreading product with it will take some getting used to, final blending can always be finished with oval brush or usual sponge (for example beautyblender), that means washing the oval brush or the sponge will be minimized and they will last a whole lot longer. It is ideal for people who don't like messy fingers during makeup. AND I bet you can imagine cleaning THIS APPLICATOR will literally take no more effort than rubbing it with a little soap and rinsing with some luke warm water. If you are a professional makeup artist, can you imagine how exciting it is that you can use it on one client/model, clean it with a makeup remover and sanitizing spray, and then you can use it on another client/model immediately just like that? Throwing away disposable sponge can totally be minimized!!!!


...it does sound awesome doesn't it?! Except before long bloggers and youtubers began actually review the Sillisponge and they hated it.  

People were saying that it was hard to blend, that it used as much product as any other applicator and that it made foundation sit on the skin rather than sink into it. All things that you really don't want from a makeup sponge.

The buzz of the whole thing made me desperate to try it for myself!

Now, I'm not going to lie to you and say I love the Sillisponge or that it will replace my beloved beauty blender but I certainly don't hate it either...

What I have found is that yes it does sort of cause foundation to sit on the skin and it is hard to blend some foundations but I have also found that if you are using a foundation that is a thicker consistency  it can actually blend out really well and because the product doesn't sink into the skin, it gives a really high coverage. While these points in my opinion make this product harder to use and not particularly versatile, I feel that it does have its place in the beauty world and I am actually enjoying 
experimenting with it.

I love the fact that it can be so easy cleaned so I really want to find a way to make this my new everyday sponge!

All I'm saying is, don't write it off after one try. Keep experimenting and maybe, just maybe, you'll like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment