Sunday 12 February 2017

Simple and Sexy Valentines Look

Personally, I'm not all about the heavy makeup and a red lip for Valentines day, who wants to kiss a sticky red mouth? 

This is what I would go for...


On the skin, I used a high coverage foundation and concealer. I wanted to create a flawless base, keeping a natural my skin but better look. I didn't want to contour because it makes you look too done up but I did want to define my cheek bones a little so I used a contour shade but used it more of a bronzer just to lightly bronze the skin without adding any shimmer. 

For blush, I used a light peach shade, I wanted something sheer that just gave a healthy glow to the cheeks without being overpowering. 

Highlight is my favourite step so I knew it had to be intense but I didn't want much glitter, more of a healthy glow from within sort of sheen. I applied an absolute load of this highlighter but because the highlighter I used is so finely milled it layered really well and still looked super natural in my opinion.


My boyfriend loves me in black eyeliner so since it is Valentines Day I went for a statement black winged eyeliner and thick, fluttery lashes. I didn't want to go to heavy on the rest of the lids but I couldn't leave it bare so I went for a light brown shade in the crease and a shimmery gold all over the lid. 

For brows I did my usual everyday look. Sculpted but still natural looking. 



On the lips, I wanted some definition but I didn't want anything too statement or sticky, I was tempted by matte lip but they can be drying so I thought for smooching purposed that I wasn't the best idea. Instead I opted for a pinky nude lipgloss. 


Products used...



What do you think of my Valentines look? Would you wear this look? If not, what would you go for?


No comments:

Post a Comment