Tuesday 25 August 2015

Book Review: All The Bright Place - By Jennifer Niven



I'll be honest, I heard about this book in total fan girl fashion through a Zoe Sugg (Zoella) favourites video. I thought to myself "I haven't read a book in a while, lets give this a go" and I am so glad I did because it is one of the best books I've ever read. 

This book tells the tale of Violet Markey and Theodore Finch. Violet was once one of the popular girls at school until the day she and her older sister were in a car accident and her sister tragically died. Violet became shy and scared of living due to this life changing event. Finch however has been known as a "Freak" for the majority of his time at school, he is found to have a difficult family life and we learn that he has constant suicidal thoughts. 

The two meet a top a bell tower, both there to feel how it feels before you jump to your death. Neither intending to do it but for both it is a cry for help. Finch talks a scared Violet down from the ledge and from there the embark on the road to healing each other.

This book will make you cry, you will fall in love with the characters then have your emotions toyed with. But I can guarantee you will enjoy every minute of it.

The outcome of the book is extremely bitter sweet but it is also satisfying in its conclusion. I don't want to give to much away but it is a beautiful story of two people who find peace within each other. 

I never read books more than once but this one I will definitely read again.

Buy it, read it, falling in love with it.



Buy Here 

No comments:

Post a Comment