Tuesday 12 July 2016

Collection Speedy Highlighter Review


I've always been a powder girl, powder blush, powder bronze, power eyeshadow and powder highlight. I've been slowly slipping over to the cream side, starting with blush sticks and now I'm starting on the highlight sticks. Since I am new to the cream scene, I went for this little beauty from Collection.

Collection is an affordable yet quality brand so I hoped this product would be great and I was right. 

The packaging is your typical stick with a twist up bottom, plastic casing with a plastic lid. Nothing  fancy but still attractive and very efficient. The colour of the packaging also reflects the colour of the product which I really appreciate for ease of picking a product from my collection. 


(Unblended)

When you first swipe the product over your skin you get an intense block of colour, very shimmery but also very white looking which isn't too attractive. It is however, creamy and easy to apply, easy to handle and feels a whole lot more expensive than its £3.99 price tag. 


(Blended) 

When blended it becomes almost powder like, smooth and blendable. It can be a subtle highlight as shown here or you can layer for a more intense glazed doughnut look. Or even use it as a light base to help stick a powder highlight. 

Speedy Highlight does what it says on the tin. It is a quick, effortless, intense highlight. I really love it, I've been using it almost everyday since I bought it and think that I will continue to do so through out the summer months. 

My only complaint is that there is only one shade choice, although this shade is perfect for me right now, I can't imagine it working on a darker skin tone or myself once I get a nice tan over the summer. It has a very white undertone that just wouldn't work on more tanned skin in my opinion. 

But considering the popularity of this bad boy, I wouldn't be surprised if a few new shades pop up sometime soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment