Saturday 9 July 2016

Are flowers worth it?





Today I have found myself looking at these flowers sitting in a beautiful glass vase thinking to myself, are they worth it? 

I've never been a flower lover, never bought them for myself or for others and never asked my partner to get them for me either. But a few months ago my boyfriend bought me some daffodils, I felt happier about this fact than I thought I would and found myself obsessing over them, worrying that the stems seemed to be bending and moving them around the house to be sure they had the best light. 

Soon after, they died. 

And I found myself buying another bunch.

And another bunch and another until now months later I have constantly had flowers in that beautiful glass vase. 

Something about having a big vase of colourful flowers makes the room they are in feel more alive, more pulled together and more feminine. I really like having them around but are they worth it?

I still feel like they are a pointless gift because you cant keep them long, I still worry that they will attract bugs and I still think the scummy water in the bottom of the vase is gross so why do I keep buying them? Why does everyone keep buying them?

Truth is, its nice to have a little bit of life in your living room even if it doesn't last long and they sure do take a lovely photo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment